Chapter 5

Chapter 5 (edited)

I’ve been in this bathroom for almost four hours, four damned hours. I just sat there looking at the mirror hung up on the wall, I don’t know why but I kept asking myself why do I bother so much for him? why do I care? is it because I love him… no that can’t be we’ve only known each other for a few days, it’s too early to fall in love, but why do I care, is it because I wish to be happy? I wish to have a husband will make me happy. To be honest my fantasy of a husband was nothing like alexander.

I dreamed of a husband that would wake up with a smile every day, tell me he loves me every single day, tells me how beautiful I am we talk about anything and everything, but I guess that’s never going to happen.

The clock on the bathroom wall struck another minute, how long would I have to put up with this, with this unhappiness, with this man who I’m supposed to call my husband, with fear in my life of him going to hurt me and how can I live every day to know that I might fall in love with him and he might not love me back, how?

Another minute passed, this time I could hear the drops of water falling front h tap into the sink of the bathroom, just then a knock on the door brought me out of my thinking,

“Felecia” I heard his voice, the person I’m trying to get away from, the person who’s taking away my happiness. Alexander, I just sat there I didn’t reply, just carried on looking at the mirror, immobile, and shocked at how could think of loving him.

He knocked once more, “Felicia” this time he sounded concerned, wow my imagination is taking a toll on me, and I just sat there without replying.

“Felicia I’m getting scared, are you ok?” wow who knew alexander was a good actor, trying to get me out of here, but it’s not going to work. “C’mon Felicia this isn’t a joke, answer me” this time he raised his voice, I think he’s angry.

Right then I head the lock of the door open, how could I forget there was always a spare keys. When alexander entered I didn’t even look up at him, he knelt by my side, before touching my head, and I flinched and pulled away. “I’m not going to hurt you, I swear, please Felicia”

“You haven’t given me a reason to trust that you won’t”

“Damn! What is your problem? Huh? Tell me, what is your problem, I can’t believe I even came here to check on you I just should’ve let you die in this bathroom, for all I care I could’ve done something beneficial” he yelled angrily at me, then I snapped.

“You! You are my problem, you and your damn anger problems, you and your stupid anger, you haven’t given me one reason to be happy with you, all you’ve done since we’ve met was make me cry, and still I tried to make this relationship work, I tried no matter how mean you were for the last couple days”

“Then why don’t you just leave and never come into my life again!” his voice was demanding and he looked absolutely pissed

“I can’t leave okay, I can’t, my damn father is sick and all he asks of me is try to get married to you before he gets even sicker and dies. I’ve tried to break off this marriage but it just seems to put my dad under a lot of stress and stress is something we can’t afford. Otherwise I would’ve left without looking back” tear rolled down my eyes, after I had said those words I regretted them immediately his face flashed with hurt. I couldn’t bear to look at him, so I walked out of the room and close the door behind me, I slid down the wall and cried, I just cried, why do I keep crying, why am I so weak?

*********

Chapter 5 complete! Don't forget to comment and vote for the story! ❎