Chapter 9

Chapter 9

My eyes snapped open, but closed again by the light, where was I? when my vision cleared I saw the ceiling, it was white, I heard the beeping next to me, I looked to see an iv cord connected to my arm. Why the hell am I in a hospital? Then slowly my memories were coming back, but they still weren't clear. All I remember was alexander getting angry at me, then I ended up in a bathroom, I heard Mr, stills voice then everything went black.

"Oh I see your awake miss Francis" said the person in a white coat, I'm guessing he's the doctor "how are you feeling?" he asked concerned

"I feel okay, but what happened?" I asked waiting for the doctor's wonderful reply

"Oh well, you seemed to black out, for 4 days, because of unhandlement of emotions, your fiancé brought you here, and that's what happened" the doctor said

I-is he still here?" I questioned, waiting for an answer I was expecting

But then my frown dropped at his reply "unfortunately, no, he didn't say, but your mother and father-in-law stayed. I'm sorry" he said apologetically. Alexander puts me in the hospital, the least he could do was stay that would have sufficed. Suddenly my hand shot up to my cheek, remembering the slap he gave me. But I had that coming, I kind of pushed the limit, but that still didn't give him any right to raise a hand on me. He was the first to cross my limits but I didn't dare raise my hand on him, that would show disrespect, and I can tell you I was though t respect. The doctor done a short check-up and not long after he left, Mrs. stills ran up to me, placing pepper kisses on my face, she looked like she hadn't slept for a while, she pulled me into a bone crushing hug before looking at me with sad eyes. "I'm sorry, alexander has crossed all lines. And he didn't even stay after putting you here. I need your help Felicia, fix my baby for me. He's broken, promise me you'll try" tears were in her eyes as she pleaded with me.

"I will try" damn me and my emotions, but I can promise, alexander stills I will make you fall in love with me no matter what.

Mrs. Stills and I sat and talked for a while, as Mr Stills went to get my discharge papers. The car ride home was silent, home, I wish alexander thought like that, and we got to the house. Mrs. Still cautious of every step I take, making sure I don't do anything stupid. She was one of those over protective moms, but somehow I loved that, it reminded me of my mom, I miss mom and dad a lot. Maybe when I have time I'll call them, that would be nice.

When we got in the house, everything was trashed from the plates in the kitchen to the curtains in the lounge, the couches were torn apart. I stared at the state of the house with my mouth wide open, what happened? Did they get robbed?

"honey, close your mouth you'll catch flies" Mrs. Stills looked unsurprised at the condition of her house, damn I was gone for only four days to come back to a trashed house. Not what I was expecting.

"Umm... w-what happened here" I stuttered while eyeing the place, I just can't seem to get enough of the state of the house.

She put her finger to her chin, to show she was thinking, "well let's see" she eyed the me before continuing "ok, so alexander found out you passed out, he got angry at himself, and kept saying if I quote correctly 'damn you Felecia and this arranged marriage' then he said 'curse me and my life' and since he was not satisfied with talking to himself, he began wrecking things, it first started small by dishes, then he began throwing chairs and pulling the curtains and etcetera etcetera" she explained as if alexander did it whenever he was angry, damn just how much angrier can alexander get? He literally tore the entire place, I don't seem to see anything in place or sitting untouched, everything looked disordered and wrecked. Damn!

Just then there was a knock on the lounge door, we all snapped our heads to see a man walk in, "Mrs. Stills, you called for me" the man said, looking at the place

"why yes Robert, I need you to fix his place up, you know alexander and his rampage stories, so I need this place fixed while my daughter-in-law and I go shopping" Mrs. Stills spoke excitedly about the shopping, but what is the shopping for?

She pointed at Mr. Stills before looking at Robert once again "my husband will be here, if you need direction on anything. And alexander shouldn't be home for another couple hours. He's most probably drowning himself in alchahol" she said as if she knew it was a habit of alexander, to drink when he's angry or when he's confused.

"Uhhh... Mrs. Stills may I ask what is this shopping for mean, my clothes were sent here 2 days ago, so I don't need anything" I said honestly, 2 days ago my clothes were brought to me, well not 2 dqays ago because I was in hospital, the 2 days before I was put in hospital. God you know what I mean! Mrs. Stills just looked at me like I had forgotten the most important thing, what was I missing?

"God Felicia, how could you forget, your wedding is next week" oh that. Wait what? Isn't it too early, I mean alexander practically hates my guts and can't stand me, and he's angry with himself, wont that affect him?

"Umm...Mrs. Stills-" I began, but she interjected. "Its mother-in-law from now on, you are going to be me daughter-in-law, so I expect you to call me that" she sweetly spoke, but there was demand in her voice.

"Ok mother-in-law, wont this be taking a toll on alexander, I mean he's not happy, so why don't we wait a while?" I asked, my eyes pleaded with her but she just brushed me off.

"Don't worry about alexander, you two are getting married next week and that's final" to say I wasn't afraid of my dear mother-in-law would be an understatement. I'm quivering in fear of her. I just nodded not adding another word, she then clapped her hands together and smiled "right, Felicia honey go take a shower, and be down in half an hour, were leaving to go find you a wedding dress" she said cheerily before walking up the stairs. I went up to alexander's bedroom and funny thing was is was even worse than the entire house, at least our clothing was fine and the bathroom faucets were okay. Dam is he really this bad? I took a shower and got dressed in a skinny jeans and a tank top. When I got downstairs, Mrs. I mean mother-in-law was standing by the door waiting for me, once she saw me she walked out the door and we headed towards the car.

Dun dun dun..... Oh no what is to happen now? Will alexandra agree to go ahead with this

Don't forget to comment and vote ❎
Until the next update of within the flames of anger

-rama