Hospital Meeting

I’m surprised how things could move so quickly. The next day, everyone acted like nothing happened. Well, I pretty much didn’t. I was still surprised on what Cubbie did and what Mark said. I didn’t know they care that much. I didn’t know that they’d get involve in this family thing. For the twelve years I’ve known them, they never fail to surprise me. No wonder why I never grow tired of them.

            I was upside down on the couch because I have nothing else to do. Feels weird to not have something to do or fuss about. I was just there, upside down on the couch with nothing to do. Maybe Pontius was right; I may be working too hard. I finally felt free. Ryan was spending the last countless hours of his shift. I was really into this mind-blowing movie and it was so cool. I’ve always liked mind-blowing movies because it plays with your minds. Anyways, I was watching when there was a knock on the door. “Who is it?”

            “LAPD! Open up!”

            I groaned and shuffled towards the door, “Are you sure?”

            “I can show you my badge, ma’am. If you could open the door for me, that’d be great.”

            I yanked the door open, “Sean, I know it’s you. If you were the real LAPD, I would’ve escaped through the window.”

            “Yea, thanks for asking.” He rolled his eyes,

            “Sorry. How are you on this fine day today?”

            “Were you upside down the couch?”

            “I was about to get up, get my keys, and go.”

            He arched an unconvinced eyebrow, “Really?”

            I nodded, “Until you came.”

            He folded his arms, “Alright, then. Where to?”

            “Hospital.”

            “Why?”

            “I don’t know.” I shrugged, “I just like to sometimes. I took Isom with me once- Wait, what are you doing here?”

            “I have nothing to do.”

            “What about Daisy and Macy? Is that why you decided to name her Daisy? So that it’ll rhyme with Macy?”

            “Didn’t think of that. I don’t know, maybe. We just think it suits her. Anyways, Macy’s taking Daisy to her mom so I’m pretty much lonely and so are you.”

            “You think I’m lonely?”

            “Well, I don’t see your boyfriend anywhere and your brother’s probably playing catch with his son.”

            “Fine.” I groaned, “Sean, do you want to come with me?”

            “You want to take me with you?” He placed his hands over his heart,

            “Aw, you don’t want to come?”

            “Hey!”

            “Well, let’s go.”

            “My car or yours?”

            “Yours because I’m saving gas money.”

            He rolled his eyes again, “Fine.”

            “Aren’t you going to ask what I’ll do there?”