4

As soon as all the lights in the house were off, Calum sprung out of his bed. Luke came quietly into his bedroom seconds after locking the door behind him. The two walked over to the window and unlocked the latch which sent the large window flying open.

"Okay, Indiana Jones, how do you expect we do this?" Luke asked mockingly, looking down the window.

Calum stepped one foot out of the window and sat on the edge with half of his body outside. "We jump onto the balcony of your mum and dad's room and then it's like a seven foot drop to the floor. Easy."

"Cal, I can't-" Before Luke could finish his thought, Calum disappeared from the window and Luke looked down to see his crazy best friend looking up at him, gesturing for him to jump down.

"Come on, it's not that high. I'll catch you," Calum stood with his arms up and spoke as loud as he could in an audible whisper without waking the whole house up.

Luke followed the same steps Calum did and stuck half his body out the window. He held his breath and jumped as close as he could into Calum's open arms, only to send them tumbling down in a loud thud.

Calum hovered over Luke, their faces a mere few inches apart as Calum covered Luke's mouth with his hand. Luke's body went completely frozen at the feeling of Calum nose nearly grazing his own and his scent devouring the younger boy completely.

With his hand still pressed over Luke's mouth, Calum looked him in the eyes and whispered almost inaudibly. "Don't move. I think we woke your mum up."

Luke couldn't help but let out a muffled laugh against Calum's hand at how scared the older boy looked. A bit of Luke's saliva got on Calum's palm from his laughing and Calum rubbed his hand against his jeans.

"Gross, Luke," he said, not even extremely phased by it.

Luke wiggled under Calum. "They're asleep, we can go," he pointed out.

"Okay," Calum said but he didn't move, and remained looking over Luke's features from beneath him.

Suddenly Luke could feel Calum's warm breath against his lips and he let his eyes flutter closed. In a blur, a sloppy, wet strip was licked along the side of Luke's face and Calum rolled off of him trying to hold in his laughter while Luke wiped his face with the bottom of his t shirt in disgust.

"That's for getting your spit on my hand," Calum managed to get out between giggles.

Luke stood up quietly and Calum did the same. "Ugh, can we go?" Calum nodded, still laughing and the two boys jumped from the balcony onto the sand of the beach and immediately took off in the direction of Michael and Ashton's house.

When they got to the door, it swung open to reveal Michael in plaid pajama pants and a black Metallica shirt. "Took you long enough!"

Michael let them in and shut the door; the three began trotting up the staircase.

"Yeah, sorry we got... caught up," Luke said as they entered the music room for the second time that day. Ashton stood up from behind his drum kit at the sight of the two boys.

"Jesus. What took you guys so long?! Do your parents really need that much convincing?"

Calum and Luke fell back on the beanbags.

"Actually," Luke spoke, "we didn't exactly convince them."

"We snuck out," Cal clarified.

Ashton let out a loud laugh and pulled two beanbags in front of Calum and Luke, how they were before. "I feel honored that you two snuck out for me," Ash mocked.