5

It was before the sun was even up and Calum was awake. He knew that if he and Luke were going to get back in their house without being caught, they had to leave now.

"Luke." Calum slightly nudged the sleeping boy next to him. Calum, Michael, Luke, and Ashton slept comfortably on the floor of the music room on top of an uncountable number of blankets, cushions, and pillows.

"Luke," Calum said again but louder.

Blue eyes met brown ones as the blonde finally woke up, confused as to why Calum was waking him up at the crack of dawn. "What time is it?" Luke asked while sitting up and rubbing his tired eyes.

"Time to go. We have to leave now if we don't wanna get caught," Calum stood up while Luke did the same.

The two were about to leave when Luke remembered Michael and Ashton. "Should we wake them up to tell them we're leaving?"

"I'll just text Michael later," Calum responded and Luke agreed after he remembered they both got the boys' numbers the night before.

Luke followed Calum's lead as they snuck their way out of Michael and Ashton's house and across the small beach to their's. They reached the place that they left from and looked up to the second story window. Calum awkwardly smiled and stomped his foot on the sand softly.

"I didn't think this through," Calum said finally and Luke rolled his eyes while taking his phone out of his pocket.

He found a contact and pressed his phone to his ear while it rang.

"Luke, who are you calling?"

"Mali."

"Wha-"

"Shhhh!"

Mali finally picked up and mumbled a tired and annoyed, "what do you want, Luke" into the phone.

"Hey, can you maybe open the back door?" Luke pleaded while Calum crossed his arms annoyed.

"Why?" She replied.

"Because me and Calum snuck out last night and now we can't get in."

Calum's eyes widened and he shoved Luke who ignored the nudge. Mali groaned into the phone while Luke tapped his foot on the sand.

"You guys are stupid," she said finally, "I'll be down in a second." Then she immediately hung up.

"Why did you call my sister?!" An annoyed Calum questioned.

"Because Ben and Jack would've told, Mali won't. Did you have a better idea, Cal?"

Calum stayed silent just as Mali shut off the alarm system and unlocked the back door. She didn't even say anything and walked angrily back up the stairs, probably to go back to sleep.

Calum and Luke quietly shut the glass door and tiptoed up the stairs. The two boys went into their separate rooms and slept until the sun finished coming up.

•••

Luke practically inhaled the syrup soaked pancakes on his plate that his mother prepared for breakfast. He was starving and couldn't remember the last time he went so long without eating, if he ever has.

After eating, Calum and Luke dismissed themselves to the beach with the intention of going to Michael and Ashton's house but Calum changed his mind when he spotted the pier that Luke seemed interested in the night before.

"How about you pick what we do today?" Calum suggested and Luke's eyes instantly wandered to the pier. Calum smiled and grabbed Luke's hand as he hauled him to the foot of the large dock and Calum let go of Luke's hand as they began racing down the wooden floor until they reached the end.