Chapter 15

A few moons had passed, and Rain had been following instructions well, receiving little wounds from his mentor. Moonstar was proud of her deputy for training the young tom.

Though Rain's training was going well, more drama had arose in the camp between Screechshade and Tigerstripe. Bored on afternoon, Moonstar had sat in camp, watching Screechshade and Bloodfur chat.

"So, you like Tooth?" Bloodfur asked her sister.

Screechshade nodded, looking down at her paws. "But, he's mates with Leopardtail. He'd never be mates with me."

You poor baby, Moonstar thought, disgusted by her warrior's behavior.

"I'll talk to him," Bloodfur suggested.

"Really? You'd do that for me?" Screechshade asked.

"Hey, that's what sisters are for!" she told her.

Moonstar growled, knowing siblings could never rely on each other.

Moonstar turned, watching Tigerstripe sitting in the corner. His gaze was fully focused on Screechshade. She knew that her son loved the warrior, and she hoped Screechshade would love him back. The warrior would be perfect for her son, and their offspring would be powerful. The scoundrel, Tooth, would be a waste. She would be depressed if the tom ditched Leopardtail.

"Hey, Screechshade!" Tigerstripe said, walking towards her.

"Oh, hey," Screechshade replied, refusing to make eye contact with the tom.

"So, you like Tooth, huh?"

Screechshade nodded, looking up at Tigerstripe. The tom stared straight into her eyes and stammered, "Well, Screechshade, I-I like you too."

Screechshade gasped, growling. "What?! No, no, no!" she hissed. "I do not want two toms fighting over me! No!" she growled.

Tigerstripe sighed. "But I really do!" he begged. "I'd care for you, we could hunt together. Love someone who loves you back, Screechshade. Tooth already has a mate."

Moonstar looked, watching as Screechshade ignored him and held her nose up high.

Moonstar slid through bushes, watching as Bloodfur now spoke to Tooth.

"No, Bloodfur," Tooth growled. "I do not like Screechshade. You are a mouse-brain for thinking I'd leave Leopardtail and my kits like that."

"Oh, but you are. Admit it, you like my sister," she purred.

"NO, I DON'T!" he hissed, unsheathing his claws. "LEAVE ME OUT OF YOUR DUMB GAMES!" he spat, running off.

"Uh, Moonstar?"

Moonstar jumped, turning around to see one of her fellow warriors, Jetfur, staring at her. 

"Is everything all right?" she asked.

"Jetfur, come with me," Moonstar growled. "We're going to do something to test your loyalty."

The she-cat stiffened but did not hestiate. "All right, Moonstar," she said, following the she-cat into the forest.

"What will we be doing, Moonstar?" the black she-cat asked.

"We'll be killing, Icestar," Moonstar instructed. "Now, here's the plan. I'll create a distraction, and you kill the she-cat. I want her weakened for battle," she growled.

"A-All right, Moonstar," the black she-cat stuttered.

As they reached the SnowClan camp, Jetfur came to an abrupt halt.