Prolog

Nothing would be the same. The siblings knew this when Gaara spoke the words, "I'm sorry," for what seemed like the first time. None of the siblings including the young red head knew when Gaara last said those words, and yet the new memory hung at the back of the siblings minds as all three headed back to Suna. At the back of their minds also hung the fear of what their father would do to Gaara, and perhaps even the older siblings for failing on their mission, or even how the people of Suna would react to what amounted to a horribly construed plot by the forth Kazekage.

Thus all three wished to slip into the village unnoticed, but with only one entrance to Suna the reentering of Suna wouldn't go completely unnoticed.

The three timed their arrival late at night, and planned on if asked telling the adults around them that they were tending to injuries. Upon arriving at the entrance late that night the three found themselves met with silence. Kankuro glanced at Temari, as if to ask if the eerie feeling she got was similar to the feeling they had when people noticed Garra coming. The eldest sibling's head darted back to look at the youngest to see if he noticed, but Gaara remained staring off into space as if the situation didn't phase him.

 The eldest sibling's head darted back to look at the youngest to see if he noticed, but Gaara remained staring off into space as if the situation didn't phase him

"He's used to it I guess." Temari muttered out the words so that only Kankuro could hear her. She shook her head before heading in through the long corridor, and found themselves met with the same silence.

"Is Suna in mourning?" Gaara's voice made his sister jump, and both of the older siblings looked back to see Gaara's eyes taking in the black draping which hung around all of Suna along the path to the Kazekage's home.

The red head shinobi watched as Temari swallowed. "Well, there is no telling who all we lost. We're likely going to have to attend funerals, or something like that. Well, you might not likely be expected to go Gaara."

"They'd likely rather I not go. I don't know whether I should respect their wishes, or if I should respect the dead."

"How about we worry about that when the time comes." Kankuro grimaced, and Gaara stared trying to figure him out. Upon realizing this the older of the two brothers spoke up again. "No, I'm not upset with you Gaara. I'm just, I guess I'm a little worried because I don't have an answer for you."

Gaara puzzled over what his brother said, but found himself unable to come up with a decent answer to what Kankuro meant. The red haired shinobi followed after his siblings, and said nothing more despite the fact something about the looks on his siblings' faces told him they were upset about something. A flash of light drew Gaara's attention away to a window, and he saw someone peek out only for the person to hurry away from the window.

His siblings beckoned him to follow after, and soon the three arrived at the home of the Kazekage. All three looked up at the building, and saw no lights on. Temari stepped forward, and pushed the front door open. The three siblings expected someone to greet them when the arrived, but soon realized only silence greeted them.