Glittering Christmas Lights

Time passed, and the young Kazekage went about his buissness despite the fact he wished to personally see how Rasa was doing. Instead he satisfied himself with the reports he received from Baki, and the preparations for the coming holiday which would occur in a few weeks or so. A few who heard that Rasa was awake despite the closed lips of the medical-nin asked if he'd been to see Rasa, and if he'd anything to report.

"I've not been to see him lately." Such an answer though caused the person asking the question to glare at him as if he'd done something wrong.

Finally he stopped short upon hearing more gossiping going on. "Can you believe that the fifth Kazekage hasn't been to see his father, the forth Kazekage since he's woken up?"

"Come on, it's simply a rumor that the forth has woken up, and the fifth is busy with his duties."

"Yes, but none of the forth's Kazekage's children have been to visit him. With such ungrateful children he should re-marry once he's well enough."

The young Kazekage's eyes widened at this comment, and watched as the two women passed by without noticing that he was in the connecting hall. He headed to his office, and stayed there thinking about what was said, as he poured through the paperwork. Late in the evening though he finished, and found himself

Gaara stared at the cactus growing on his desk, wondering how things would turn out. His eyes narrowed recollecting the fact Rasa awoke four days earlier, and the time kept ticking away to when something might blow up. The stuffed teddy bear he was trying to make also lay on the desk in front of him, and his pale green eyes took in every flaw.

"If I would describe the difference between your precious teddy, and the one you're trying to make, your precious teddy is how your father is, and sister and brother, but this one represents you really well. No matter how much you patch yourself together, you won't meet his standards. You should know that by now."

"You know that you goading me doesn't work anymore, right?"

"I'm just trying to be helpful, oh Young Kazekage."

The young Kazekage leaned back, and looked up at the ceiling, and noticed a few Christmas decorations above his head. His mouth opened wondering when they got there, and a knock came on his door. "I put those up there knowing you've a habit to look up there, or out the window when something frustrates you. Don't worry though, there is no mistletoe. I don't want you to ever be ready for that."

"Temari?" Gaara's head darted up as his sister stepped into the room. "Are you sure you and Kankuro wouldn't go and visit father?"

His pale green eyes noticed the trey of food, and watched as his sister stepped over. "You need to eat. I brought you some sweets." This comment made Gaara grimace, and Temari's mouth twisted up into a smile. "I know full well you secretly love sweets Gaara, and I promised nothing I brought is of a jellied consistency, or anything which has a texture it shouldn't have."

"I don't know what you're talking about." Gaara moved his hands to his mouth, not liking how his sister changed the subject on him so quickly.

"Really? You've personally told me that jellied deserts feel like slime going down your throat, and that you don't understand why candied chestnuts aren't hard like other candied nuts. Plus, you're going to need to taste the treats I'm making for the holidays for our guests, aren't you?" Temari smiled at her brother. "Speaking of which, you should take a look outside your window."

"The sun has already set." Gaara stood up from where he sat, and turned to look out the window. He stopped short upon seeing the white lights right outside of his window, and found himself unable to say anything.