Christmas Grouch

"What the hell Gaara!"

The young Kazekage stopped in the doorway to the living area of their family home, his sea foam eyes drifting over to where Kankuro glared at him. His older brother twisted from the path he was pacing in the room, and came over to grab the younger teen by the front of his clothing. Gaara felt himself shrink back from his brother's wrath, and he felt reminded of his father when Rasa became angry at him.

The red haired shinobi tilted his head to the side in an attempt to avoid eye contact with his brother, his throat tightening as the happy feeling he felt went flying away. "What?"

"You went and saw him."

"So?"

"Gaara! What don't you get about the fact you weren't supposed to go and see him?"

"I got the fact I wasn't supposed to see him." Gaara looked over at the wall, his lips pushing together in frustration.

"Then why did you go." Kankuro tugged at the front of Gaara's clothing, but received no answer as the young Kazekage started to shut his brother out. The puppet ninja let go of Gaara's clothes, and let out a sound of frustration. The red haired teen took advantage of the fact his brother let go, and headed over to the traditional table to lay down beside the piece of furniture. His brother of course wasn't pleased. "I'm not done talking to you Gaara!"

The young Kazekage rolled over onto his back, and pulled one of the pillows used for sitting to his chest. One of his arms crossed over his eyes as he attempted to ignore his older brother.

"Seriously! He could have killed you Gaara!"

"He didn't!"

"The only reason he didn't kill you was because he's not yet to his old strength!"

Gaara felt his chest tighten at this response from Kankuro, and his teeth ground together. The young Kazekage sat up, his jaw clenching from frustration. The pillow he'd clutched to his chest flopped into his lap, and his hands quickly grabbed the soft object. His arm pulled back, and then snapped forward. A loud thunk resounded as the pillow hit Kankuro square in the face.

The young Kazekage sat on the floor, his mouth tightened up as he glared at his older brother. Kankuro stood there for a few minutes as the pillow dropped down to the ground, his mouth hanging open from the surprise of the pillow hitting him. The puppet ninja's face twisted up as he reached down to grab the pillow. "Seriously! That's not cool Gaara!"

The pillow hurtled back over, and Gaara crossed his arms. The sand quickly deflected the pillow before picking up another to fling at the puppet ninja. Kankuro's facial features wrinkled in anger and frustration, and he reached down to throw the pillow back, only for the sand to intervene while Gaara glared at him.

A ripping sound was heard at the same time the front door opened again, and feathers began to mingle with Gaara's sand. Temari stepped into the room, her teal eyes widening at the sight of the mess her younger siblings caused. "Kankuro... Gaara... what happened?"

"He started it!" Kankuro pointed an angry finger at Gaara.

"I did not. You're the one who decided to accost me when I got home." The young Kazekage folded his legs underneath as he continued to sulk.

"I verbally accosted you Gaara! That's very different from you accosting me with a pillow!"

"You said something stupid!"

"What I said isn't stupid! That ass hole would have killed you if he was not at his full strength!"

Gaara's jaw clenched tighter, and his sand reached for another pillow to throw at his brother. Temari's eyes widened, and her voice strained. "Gaara!"