Blooming Christmas Cactus

"I'll be fine Baki. There are also thinks I need to do. Understandably I've been asleep for way to long."

The look on the teacher of the forth Kazekage's children told Rasa that none of Baki's worries were alleviated by what he said, but he choose to brush off the concern as the other man simply doing his job. The medical-nin complied with Rasa's request to work on a fast recovery, but gave him strange looks. In his head he listed off the things that would need to be done, and ignored the fact there was a book found in his room that indicated someone came to visit him while he was in a coma.

"First and foremost we need to do something to re-establish relationships with Konoha, as without them we're find ourselves with even more economic strain. Second, I need to do something about..." Rasa took a deep breath the first time he came to the second item on the itinerary. "Second, if Gaara is alive I need to do something about him. I'm honestly not looking forward to that. Third..."

The list rattled on, and on. The forth Kazekage couldn't help though think that his attempt to improve Suna's economic status by improving their chances at the exam would lead to Gaara being used like he was. Rasa found himself unable to decide whether he felt guilty because of the way Gaara's powers were misused by someone, or that his stupidity led to the child's death. Rasa's mind kept leaning towards Gaara's powers being misused by a stranger. "I can't imagine I still have any feelings for Gaara, with what he became."

His mind soon switched to the fact his muscles hurt from the attempt to regain his physical strength, but he pushed it away with the fact he knew there was a goal he needed to meet. As he came in and out of the room he found that the medical-nin brought in various gifts from a few people he didn't know, but he also found his mind drifting back to Gaara.

"He's dead, and you know whose to blame. Can't blame Kankuro and Temari for not wanting to see you." This thought was countered with, "I did what was best for Gaara. There was nothing I could do to save him." This in turn was countered with, "Was it the best, or are you just making excuses?" Rasa somehow managed to find himself moving through the halls with crutches, and found himself running into Baki, and Rasa saw the rather exasperated look on the other Shinobi's face.

"Lord Kazekage. Don't you think you're over doing it?"

"Fine. I'll head back to the room then Baki." Rasa though felt the need to still push himself despite the fact Baki and the others felt he'd done enough for the day. He moved back to the room despite the pain, and a thought popped into his head. "You know Baki is right. You're only punishing yourself." The man shook his head. "No, this is because there are things that need to be done."

Somehow he managed to hobble into the room, but stopped short upon seeing a person in the room over by the bed. His eyes widened as he saw the young, red haired Shinobi standing there. "Gaara?" Rasa watched as his youngest son's eyes darted away, and his head titled in order to avoid eye contact. "You're alive."

"Sorry."

This comment made one of Rasa's eyebrows to go up. "Sorry? Sorry for what?" The man looked around to see if there were any changes to the room, but instead glanced around the room to make sure that Gaara wasn't trying to do something. "I don't have my Gold Dust on me. Plus, did Gaara actually apologize for something? Is he trying to get something from me?"

"For being alive."

Rasa felt the corner of his mouth twitch at what Gaara said, but his eyes fell upon the strange plant now in his room that wasn't there before his youngest had entered the room. "Gaara, what is that?"