Chapter 9

Just as Harry thought, when he got back up to the castle and entered the Great Hall, he was greeted by Robyn, Hermione and Ron.

"See you're awake then." Harry said to Robyn as he sat down to join them. Robyn only nodded and offered him a small smile.

The Great hall buzzed with stories about Hogsmeade and all around people were swapping sweets.

"And the post office! It's about 200 owls, all sitting on color-coded shelves, depending on how fast you want your letter to go!" Hermione said, her excitement bubbling. All Robyn and Harry could do was listen to Ron and Hermione ramble on about Hogsmeade in an excited rush. Don't get them wrong, they loved to hear about it but they had both heard enough about Hogsmeade and it's sweet to make them sick.

"And Honeyduke's is brilliant! Sugar Quills, Flaming Whizbees -- and blood-flavored lollipops for Halloween!"

Harry only nodded as he picked through the assortment of sweets, Hermione and Ron brought back for them. Robyn sat quietly as usual, so Ron and Hermione thought nothing of it, but Harry, he was being more quiet than usual. He had a fun day with Robyn, he couldn't deny that but there was still a small part of him that wanted to see Hogsmeade for himself, not just trying to picture it from the information his friends were giving him. Hermione noticed his odd behaviour.

"But, I mean, after awhile, it got a bit boring. Don't you think, Ron?" Hermione nudged Ron, who looked up in confusion, then a look of realisation crossed his face.

"Huh? Oh. Yeah. Dead depressing." Robyn couldn't help but giggle, a smile lighting up her face.

"Hang on. I almost forgot. I got you something wicked at Dervish and Banges. It's a Pocket Sneakoscope." Ron continued, digging through his pockets. Harry seemed to brighten up at the kind gesture, glad that they were still thinking about him while on the trip. Ron placed a small glass spinning top on the table. Both Harry and Robyn peered at it curiously.

"If there's someone untrustworthy around, it's meant to light up and spin. Mind you, Fred and George say it's rubbish, sold for wizard tourists, but I thought, you know, it can't hurt, given that..." Ron trailed, tripping over his words as he explained.

"Sirius Black's trying to kill me." Harry looked up and grinned at the three of his friends. Robyn's heart skipped a beat in fear of Sirius Black but did as best as she could to hide it.

"I'm glad you had a good time. Really. And thanks for this." Harry said. "Rubbish or not, you're right. It can't hurt." Harry smiled and for some strange reason, Robyn felt her heart melt.

"Don't think we forgot you, Robyn." Hermione said as she dug through her bag. Robyn felt her cheek's turn pink as she looked at the red head and know-it-all girl.

"What did I tell you before you left?" Robyn said, her voice sounding motherly. A light smile still filled her face. "But thanks anyway, I appreciate it. You really didn't have to though."

"Don't be so humble, Robyn. We weren't going to get Harry something and not you. Though I have to admit, I didn't have a chance to pick something decent out for Harry before Ron pointed out that thing and insisted we buy it." Hermione mumbled, making both Robyn and Harry grin.

Hermione pulled out a book. The cover shining in the candle light and the pages pristine white.

Hermione handed it over to Robyn and as Robyn's eye's fell over the title of the book, she gasped.

Alice in wonderland

"My favourite," Robyn mumbled under her breath as she flicked through the pages.