Chapter 18

"I find it astonishing that someone who prides herself on being so logical can be in such denial."

Ron, Hermione, Harry and Robyn made their way down to Hagrid's hut, the attack still fresh on their minds as it had only happened a couple of hours before. The only difference was now it was daylight.

Robyn looked dreadful. She had not slept at all after the incident and she had had many Professors and the trio suggest she goes to the Hospital Wing, for a potion to deal with shock. Robyn obviously refused and insisted she was fine.

Though the Slytherin's found her pain quite amusing and often compared her to Professor Lupin, which angered her as Professor Lupin was the best DADA teacher they ever had and looks did not matter. Not to her anyway. She cared more about personality and what the person was like.

"Harry. Will you explain to your friend Ronald that he has absolutely no proof whatsoever that my sweet, unassuming cat ate his shabby, decidedly decrepit rat."

Robyn had to hold back the laughter that was threatening to burst from her throat. She found both, Hermione and Ron, very amusing when they argued but also very frustrating.

"Harry was there! He'll tell you how it was. Go on, Harry, tell her." Ron urged, glaring at Hermione, who gave an equally dirty look back.

"No, I won't. Know why? Because I don't care about your stupid rat! I don't care about your stupid cat! I've got a few other things on my mind right now!" Harry burst. Robyn looked at his angry face. She wanted to help him. Make him feel happy. Though she didn't know why. She had not be expecting his angry retort. None of them had. It was unexpected.

"Really? It wasn't you who had to roll under the bed last night to avoid getting cut to ribbons! A person could die being your friend, Harry!" Ron stopped as soon as those words left his lips. Robyn gasped. A horrified and shocked gasp.

The trio looked at eachother, all wanting to withdraw the words they had said. Robyn however, didn't look at either of them. She gave a burning look of utter distaste to Ron before walking ahead.

Walking faster and angrier then she ever had. She now had the confidence to do these things. She didn't have to hold in her emotions anymore like she use too. She could show her emotions. Vent them all to her friends. Though, she thought she had just lost one.

How could Ron do that to Harry? It's not Harry's fault. It was Ron's decision to risk his life the moment he met Harry. He knew what the outcome would be!

Robyn fumed, her mind spinning. She was in disbelief. Telling herself that Ron probably didn't mean it. She knew he didn't. But how come she took the blow to the words, when Harry should have? How come she felt pain?

>>>

Robyn reached Hagrid a few moments quicker then the trio. But they all had to retrace their steps as they found him at the Black Lake rather then his Hut.

The trio and Robyn didn't go for the happy chat they normally went for. No, this time it was serious. Hagrid was knee deep in the lake, throwing stones. They bounced off the lakes surface before sinking to the bottomless abyss.

Hagrid wore a big, hairy suit with a bright yellow and orange tie. Robyn tried to ignore his peculiar sense in clothing and focused on the fact that big tears were streaming down his giant sized face.

Since the Buckbeak incident with Malfoy, the trio, Robyn and Hagrid had been scared of the consequences. But today, Hagrid had gone to a hearing. And they were about to find out the results. But by the look on Hagrid's face, it did not look good.

"How'd it go, Hagrid?" Hermione asked, tentatively. Robyn noticed Ron kept his eyes on either Hagrid or the floor and Robyn felt a sharp sense of regret fill her. She stared at Ron a little longer and she had already known he didn't mean what he had said. She couldn't loose a friend over her own selfish reasons. She slowly made her way over to him. He looked alarmed but stood his ground.

"I-I'm sorry. I know you didn't mean it. I overreacted. And I'm sorry." Robyn smiled shyly at Ron and she felt the sense of hopelessness and fear she felt when she first met the trio on the train. She felt shy and timid but was determined to push it down. She was getting so much better. She was becoming a true Gryffindor.

"Urm, it's alright. I shouldn't have said it, I suppose." Robyn and Ron smiled at eachother and stood in a awkward silence.

Robyn let out a small laugh.

"So, we're good?" She asked Ron.

"We're brilliant." Ron grinned.

"Buckbeak liked London." Hagrid said, his back facing them still. The rocks he threw cut through the icy water.

"I meant the hearing."

"Oh. That. Well, I got up an' said my bit -- You know, how Buckbeak was a good Hippogriff an' as long as yeh treated 'im with respect, he'd treat you the same. Then Lucius Malfoy got up an' said his bit -- you know, how Buckbeak was a deadly dangerous beast that no teacher in their righ' mind would expose their students to... " Robyn felt grief and anger fill her. Buckbeak was a beautiful and graceful creature. Buckbeak didn't deserve any of this. It was all Draco's fault anyway. If he hadn't been an idiot and over exaggerated then all would be well.

"And...?" Robyn asked, dreading the answer.

"You mustn't blame yourself, Hagrid." Hermione insisted, knowing full well Hagrid was blaming it all on himself.

"Draco. It's him the Committee should punish. It's him they should send off to the forest, not Buckbeak." Ron spat.

Robyn looked over at Harry. He had not spoken. She decided it was best to leave him with his thoughts at the moment though as he had said so himself that he had too much on his mind.

"Buckbeak's not going back to the forest..." Hagrid's voice cracked.

"Where's he going, Hagrid?" Hermione asked, her eye's filling with tears.

"He asked fer the worse, yeh see, Lucius Malfoy did. An' the Committee granted it. Buckbeak's bin sentenced ter death."

(Sorry it's short. Hope you like.)