Chapter 16

The Christmas holiday flew by in a blur and Robyn found herself back at Hogwarts after the long break, excited to spend time with the trio.

Harry had not said anything to any three of his friends about what he had found out at Hogsmeade. He had explained the conversation briefly when it had happened but that was it. He said nothing about how it made him feel but Ron, Hermione and Robyn could tell it was affecting him. They just hoped he didn't do anything irrational.

One thing he did talk about openly to Hermione and Ron was his secret lessons with Lupin to help him fight the Dementors. Harry had also explained how Robyn would help him and how the Professor had suggested she fought the Boggart while she was there aswell. Hermione thought this was a very good idea. And as Harry grew more excited about these lessons, Robyn was dreading it. She did not want to fight the Boggart. She did not want to see her worst fear come true.

But soon enough, both, Robyn and Harry found themselves in Lupin's office, standing in front of a large chest.

The dying sun illuminated Harry and Robyn, turning them a deep orange-red.

"Right then, Robyn step forward!"

Robyn looked at Professor Lupin and a sick feeling clutched her stomach. She did not want to do this. She could not do this. Lupin saw that the girl made no movement and looked at her.

"Robyn," Lupin sighed. "We all have to face our fears at some point. And I will be here if it gets too out of hand."

Though slightly reassured, Robyn was still reluctant.

"You can do this! Remember it's not even real." Harry said. Robyn sighed.

With the sick feeling still in her stomach and fear clutching on to her tightly, she stepped forward and nodded at Lupin. He leaned and opened the chest. A black swirling mass jumped out and Robyn raised her wand shakily, not at all ready for what she was about to face.

The Boggart flickered in the form of the raggedy, mass-murdering, Sirius Black. Then it turned to Voldemort, then to her parents dead. Then it switched to her brother also dead, then Hermione and Ron, both dead aswell. Robyn felt a tear slide down her face. She tried to tell herself it wasn't real but as the Boggart switched between each person she loved, it seemed to break another piece of her heart. The thought of the possibility that this could happen one day ran through her head. She was paralysed with grief, fear, heartache and sadness.

"Come on, Robyn, you can do this!" Lupin called over to the girl.

Harry stood a little behind Robyn, also paralysed. Ron and Hermione's dead bodies flickered in his mind like a nightmare.

No, it couldn't possibly be real, both Hermione and Ron are sat in the Common Room waiting for us. This is just a Boggart. It is NOT real!

Harry told himself over and over again.

"R-R-Rid-" Robyn's hand shook so violently and her voice trailed away until it was nothing. The Boggart had once again changed it's form and this time it showed no evidence of shifting again.

All three of them stood in shock as they stared at what the Boggart had turned into. Harry lay motionless on the floor. Beaten, cursed, blood all over him. He was not breathing. His eye's were wide open, the usual shocking green colour was now dull and drained. Robyn looked behind her in a rush, the actual Harry was looking at her in what looked like shock and pity. He was not hurt or dead and his eye's were brilliantly green like always.

"R-R-Riddikulus!" Robyn finally muttered and the dead body of Harry once again turned into a swirling mass and flew back into the chest. Robyn breathed in deep, her breath shaky and uneven. She once again felt useless. She felt ashamed. She felt scared.