7.

"Jess please come upstairs! I - I need your help! It's urgent!"

"I'll be right up.."

I sat in my room, crying hysterically and trying to catch my breath. Jesana ran into the room.

"Lola! What's going on?" She said as she got on her knees next to me.

"I - I can't breathe!" I managed to say.

"Oh my god.. Ok I'll call nine-one-one.." She said. I sat with my back against my bed and focused on my breathing.

"Hi, I need an ambulance.. 420 Blueville Lane.. Yes, please come as fast as possible! It's my sister.. She's struggling to breathe... Yes... Some type of lung cancer.. Yes, please hurry!" Jess said into the phone, then dropped. She came and sat down next to me.

"Ok Lola calm down.. Focus on your breathing.. They'll be here soon.." She said, holding my hands.

"Hey, Jess, aren't you coming down? The party is lit, you're missing out.." One of Jesana's friends said.

"No, I can't come down just yet.. Tell everyone that the party can keep going, I need to go to the hospital with my sister..." She said.

"What's wrong? Are you alright Lola?" She asked.

"No, she can't breathe properly.." Jess replied.

"Oh no.. Was that you who I heard screaming?" She asked and I managed to nod.

"Why were you screaming?" Jess asked.

"I-I will... ex..plain — later.." I managed to say. Just then, the paramedics came in and took me into the ambulance and Jess followed. They hooked me up to a machine and I started breathing a bit better.

"Lola.. Why were you screaming?" Jess asked, putting her hand on my forehead.

"I... was screaming at Adam and Nicole.." I stopped and took a huge breath.

"Why?" Jess asked.

"I... told them to leave our house... Adam cheated on me... with Nicole.." I said, taking pauses in between.

"How do you know?" She asked.

"Adam... was in my room... and I walked in to ask him something... and he was having sex with... Nicole" I said tiredly and with pauses and inhalations in between.

"He... told Nicole... that he was only with me because he felt... sorry for me... and he told Nicole that he loves her..." I said.

"Oh my god mana.. I'm so sorry.." Jess said.

"I don't... know why I was... not enough for him..." I said. "I gave him... an unconditional amount... of love... and he decided to go... and love my best friend..." I continued.

"Don't think about it.. Just focus on getting better..." Jess said. I tried to smile but it hurt too much.

"Thank you... Jess.." I said. She smiled at me and put her head on the bed.

The paramedics rolled me out and into the hospital where the doctors did a checkup. Everything was ok but I had to stay in hospital for 2 weeks and stay hooked up to the oxygen machine. I laid in the hospital bed in my really nice for a hospital room. Jess sat next to me and held my hand tightly.

"I'll let the people at your work know what happened.. I'll exclude the part about Adam and Nicole" Jess said.

"No.. You can tell them that too.. I want them to know the whole story.." I said.

"Ok.. Do you mind staying here alone tonight or do you want me to stay with you?" Jess asked.

"I don't mind.. I kind of want to be alone anyway.." I said. She smiled and then hugged me.