Chapter 1.

Steve had a themed surprise party thrown for him at the Avengers tower. The theme was the 1940's, so everyone dressed as if they were from the 40's period. As usual the Captain looked dashing, as did his friends. Ladies and women would try to use their charms to try and lure him towards him, after all it was his birthday, so why not?

Yet Steve only had his mind on one person. Natasha Romanoff. They have known each other now for quite a long time. So Steve couldn't help but fall for her.

However, she wasn't present at the time. No-one had seen her, at all lately. She seemed perfectly fine, the last he saw her.

"Steve it's your birthday." Bucky smiled. "Loosen up, have fun." He continued.

Steve looked into the eyes of his best friend, then cracked a smile. The rest of the team assembled, around and listen to what Bucky and Steve told them, about how it was like back in the 40's.

"Seemed better than it is now." Clint laughed.

"It was war Clint. It was you, your guns and your men. No bow and arrows, or tech. No hammers flying around the place, or any gamma radiation forces, believe it or not." Steve joked, that made everyone laugh.

"Hey, if you really think about, wouldn't that mean our red head would survive war? I mean, of course she's a spy, but is a solider if you think about it." Tony announced.

Everyone fell silent, and into deep thinking about it, when Clint's phone pinged.

"Speaking, well thinking of the devil she's on her way up." He announced, whilst reading of his phone.

"Does she know it's a party? And it's themed?" Bruce asked. "She's going to flip."