Chapter 4.

He sat down on the roof top, just staring down on the busy streets of New York.

"Hey." A voice called behind him.

He turned around and saw Natasha softly smiling. She walked towards him and plopped down next to him.

"I never knew her. But I'm
sorry. For you loss. And I know it's going to hurt, but you'll get there. We'll get there, all of us together Steve." Natasha told him.

"Thanks. Didn't you say, we could see her? I mean," He trailed off.

"Yeah. If you want, I'll go with you ." Natasha asked.

He simply nodded and stood up with her, arm in arm and walked back inside the building and downstairs into the garage. Together they got on Natasha car and rode to their hospital.

"Are you sure? You don't have to rush." Natasha told him.

"Nat. I'm ready." He replied.

They walked inside side by side this time, but Steve looked very tense and nervous. He was sweating, and was shaking, only a little.

"Nurse said through there." She mumbled. "Steve," Natasha asked.

"I have to do this."

He opened the door and saw Peggy laying down. In her bed, looking ever so pale. Her brown eyes were sealed shut, and her grey hair frolicked to the side. She wore all white, and next to her an envelope lay. It had his name written on it.

He opened it, and read it:

Dear Steve.

I have loved you. And I always will. If your reading this, something bad must have happened, worst case scenario I'm no longer hear.

We had our best and worst time, and darling I will still be here. Go on, be with someone else. It's good that I'm gone, because that means I'm in a better place.

Now, about this girl. You always talk about, Natasha. I know she's an Ex-KGB Agent, and that she was with the Red Room. But you sound and seemed so happy with her, be with her. She's beautiful, she really is.

Don't hold a grudge against my death. It's going to ruin you. I ask that your remember me, you can grieve but not forever. It would be a life time for Captain America to waste his life grieving, so don't.

Well my darling, that should be all.

Love Peggy.

Steve didn't even know he was smiling, or crying single tears. He saw Natasha reflection, then looked back down and smiled at the letter.

"Steve?"