Chapter Sixteen: Family Rivalry

Chapter 16

Family Rivalry

Ari's POV

I woke up still on the floor by my door. I must've cried myself to sleep. My body ached everywhere I groaned as I got to my feet. I stretched my arms out hoping that would help ease the aches & pains. Unfortunately my body still hurt from the way I had slept on the floor.

A sadness flooded over me when I recalled the events of the day. I wos so ashamed of Josh's actions & what he said there are names for girls like me.

Did he really think I wos one of those kind of girls? I couldn't even bring myself to say the words I wos positive he wos referring to.

Tears started to burn at the corners of my eyes as I wiped at them angrily. He had no right to do what he did. Why wos everyone against Mason? I really liked him we got along, we had a lot in common, he made me laugh, I had fun when I wos with him. I don't get what the big problem is but I'm going to find out.

The digits on my alarm showed it was One ,in the morning. I trudged myself into my bathroom I wos in desperate need of shower. When I saw my reflection in my mirror I gasped I looked a mess my eyes red & puffy from all the crying I'd done. Dried tears streaked my face & my skin wos all blotchy I hardly recognised myself.

I stripped out of my clothes & hopped into the shower letting the water cascade down my body. I leant my hands against the wall & bawled my eyes out I hoped the sound of the running shower would muffle my sobs.

I eventually washed my hair with my favourite Apple Shampoo not even the smell of it could pick my sorrowful mood up. I covered my body in body wash & rinsed myself off.I stepped out of the shower wrapping my towel around my body & reaching for another to dry my hair. I brushed my teeth then trudged back into my room.

I found Juelz sitting on my bed with a concerned face. Are you ok? you look a mess. Geez thanks I muttered. Way to make me feel better I grumbled. Come here she beckoned patting the free space next to her on my bed. I sat down next to her totally aware I wos naked under my towel.

She turned & gave me a big hug my body shook in her embrace & I began to sob again. She whispered words like everything will be ok it seems bad right now but it'll get better. But why did he do that? He thinks I'm a slluutt I cried harder.

No he doesn't Ari I promise you he just thinks of you as his little sister & he just wants to protect you that's all. He sometimes does things without thinking then later on realises he should have handled things better. I just put it down to him being a guy & guys can be stupid sometimes well most of the time if not all the time she joked making me laugh.

She always knew how to pick me up when I'm down. You know she revealed Josh sat at your door listening to you cry until you fell asleep. He wos pretty torn up for making you hurt so much he didn't want to leave you. Mum eventually told him to let you be & that you two could talk when you were ready.

Why aren't you sleeping I asked. I heard you crying in the shower you woke me up. listening to you cry made me want to cry she said truthfully her eyes getting glassy I don't like watching you hurt this way.

I know we don't really know eachother that well but I'd like you to think of me as a sister & that no matter what you can always talk to me I won't judge I promise. Thanks I whispered you've always been good to me Juelz I offered her a small weak smile & gave her another hug. I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have you I honestly said. She smiled you know me I'm one of a kind.

Can you tell me one thing I asked sure she answered without even thinking. Why does Josh hate Mason so much? Ummm she stalled I don't think I can answer that she stated. I stood up throwing my hands in the air I know everyone's hiding things from me I'm not a kid you know.

I see how people avoid talking about things in front of me like these gangs Blue Moon & Red Rock are they apart of this conspiracy you're all keeping from me. Ssshhh Juelz held up her pointer finger to her lips.

Get dressed & I'll answer your questions as honestly as I can she promised. Finally I sighed. I quickly found me some underwear, shorts & a T shirt slipping them on. I plopped down next to her it wos now two in the morning. We both decided to hope into my bed. Comfortable she asked I nodded my head.

Ok well Blue Moon & Red Rock are like two rivaling families she explained. We're part of Blue Moon that includes you pointing at me because you're with us so your in automatic by the default of who your family is.

Mason & those boys he wos with from the beach are part of Red Rock. We don't mix with them, they don't mix with us & we most definitely don't date them.So you see Josh is only protecting what's ours she explained. Ours? I echoed sounding confused. You she declared your ours you belong to Blue Moon.

I don't belong to anyone? I defended. I just got here no one owns me. Don't I get a say? I queried. What if I don't want to be a part of this family Rivalry? Do I get a choice? I asked. Or are we in some dictatorship? Firing question after question at her.

Yeah when you put it like that I get it Juelz said smiling at me. Just keep an

Open mind sleep on it maybe you'll feel differently in the morning she looked hopeful. Just know Josh only had the best intentions at heart.

Good Night Ari. Night I said. Love you sis Juelz declared Proudly. Love you too sis I chirped back triumphantly closing my eyes grinning to myself.

I always wanted a sister & Juelz will probably be the closest thing to one I'll ever get. I let sleep rush over as I felt the exhaustion take over me.