Chapter Thirty Four: To the Rescue

Chapter 34

To the Rescue

Mason's POV

We were getting ready to under go our rescue plan using the element of surprise. Get in & get out we were going in just after midnight when most of the Rogues should be sleeping & only a few would be up keeping looking out.

The decision had been made to go in tonight because Rogues are known to move around they don't stay in the same place for more than a couple of days. If we didn't get in now there's the potential of losing her to them forever.

We we're going to split into 4 groups lead by myself, Troy & the 2 Best Fighters Don from Red Rock & a guy name Clay from Blue Moon. Aidan wos to be my flank & Josh the same for Troy.

Tom wos to stay back with my father where they would mind link with respective pack members & if worse came to worse rally more troops if need be. We were taking an outfit of 30 volunteers all willing to risk their lives for my girl. I wos grateful for their willingness to help without them I may not get another chance.

We received a quick refresher from Don & Clay earlier in the day giving us some helpful tips on how to out smart & beat the Rogues in a fight. We trained for several hours trying to perfect our fighting skills. I knew we needed more but we ran out of time. 

I wos eager to get this rescue on the road for my own sanity I wos on the brink of losing it.

I needed to make sure she wos ok I knew I wos putting my pack at risk but she wos worth all this trouble. Some may even question my judgement as a leader & as an Alpha since she's not my mate but I wos pass caring. I just needed to have her in my arms even my wolf missed her depression wos starting to set in.

Are you ready Alpha? I heard Don ask breaking my thoughts. Ready when you are I replied. Ok listen up Don announced to everyone remember what you've learnt this afternoon, at all times stay in your pairs & don't stray from your group & whatever you do keep your mind links open. It is imperative that you follow these simple instructions to give us the best chance at rescuing Ariana & keeping yourselves alive Don emphasised.

Each group wos taking a different route we were using the 4 cardinal directions North, East, West & South we were approaching from each direction to confuse the Rogues & to help create diversions for each group.  

My team wos to take the West & Don's South since this is our territory & we're more familiar with the Rocky Mountain terrain it made more sense. We knew this place like the back of our hand & we would be able to travel freely with the least hassle.

Blue Moon wos to take the other two routes as they were a lot more accessible & easier for them since they weren't too familiar with the area. Troy & Josh were to approach from the North since they had already been that way this morning. Clay & his group were to travel East we had helped map out a quick an easy way to get to the Rogues site earlier today.

We all wished one another the best of luck & I thanked them all for their camaraderie before we all phased into our wolves going our separate ways. Reality wos starting to set in some of us may not return from this exhibition it wos inevitable some of us would die. 

I hoped that we would not lose many but I knew how ruthless & cut throat these Rogues were capable of being they would fight to the death. Wos I sending us into a death trap. Thoughts of this only made me more determined to kill them before they killed me or even worse her.

Aidan & I lead the way as we raced through the trees heading West towards the rocky terrain. We moved at phenomenal speeds our route wos much further away from the Rogues hide away. It didn't bother us really as we blitzed through. It felt like our normal routine perimeter check.