Chapter 2: The Training Begins

Hello! It's @mockingjaylunar! Of course, who else would be writing this? I would just like to say hi, what's your favorite color, and do you have any pets? Comment below! Thanks!

~

The building was in a really isolated place- almost a desert, but with trees. It was huge too, which is probably the reason why it was so far away from any villages or towns. I mean, it was a spy agency, it needed to be hidden.

There was a shield around it, and outside of the shield, you could see a sign that said ESQ Video Games. As we approached two clearance posts that turned green as we passed through, the sign changed to say Galactic Spy Agency. How original.

"Go through the main doors," the driver said. I kept forgetting his name. "there will be someone there to take you to the practice grounds."

"Thanks." I hopped off the hover and walked to the main doors. I paused and looked up at the huge double-doors. This will be an adventure I'll never forget.

I pushed open the doors. A boy about my age was standing there. He had sandy-blonde hair and was a little shorter than me. He was wearing a white dress shirt and a pair of combat boots.

"Welcome! Are you Mason Gray?" he had a rich British accent.

"Yeah. And you are?" I replied.

"Oliver. Oliver Ivison," he said as he shook my hand. "I will be showing you to the practice grounds." I was going to like this guy.

We went up to the lady at the front desk. "Hello. Could we get an ID for Mason?" Oliver asked her.

"Sure. One moment," she turned around and typed a few words on her computer. A card came out of a small printer on the left of the computer. "Here you go."

"Thanks!" Oliver said.

We walked through the lobby and down a couple of halls until he opened a door. Inside was clearly the practice grounds. There were people throwing knives, shooting targets with guns, even fighting with swords. I noticed a flash of purple. I turned toward it and saw two girls fighting each other. One of them had purple and orange ombre hair that was cut really short. Strands of it hung in her face, making her look menacing. She defeated her opponent with a judo flip and looked at me. I jumped back. Her electric blue eyes seemed to pierce into my soul. The freckles on the bridge of her nose didn't make her look any less scary.

"That's Seren." said Oliver. I almost forgot that he was there. "You might want to watch out for her. She's a little mean and bossy. Don't insult her. If you do, she'll catch you off guard and get her revenge. She's a good fighter and pilot though. Seren's great to have on our side."

"Does she have... uh, special abilities?" I asked.

"Oh yes, everyone here does. Mine is that I can do just about anything with computers. Because of that, I work in the control room. What's yours?"

"Apparently, I can read people's minds."

"That's awesome! Way better than mine."

"C'mon bro. You could hack into any system and program droids to do just about anything!"

"Yeah, I guess your right. Come with me."

We walked over to the shooting targets. Oliver handed me a gun. "Here, I'll teach how-"

He was interrupted by a female voice. "I'll help this one."

I looked over and saw a girl that seemed a little older than me. She had red hair, but the thing that stuck out the most were her eyes. They were a bright, emerald green and I couldn't take my own eyes off of them.

"Uh... um, okay." Oliver stuttered. He seemed wonder struck. Did he like this girl? I wouldn't be surprised.

"My name's Caroline." she said in the most flirtatious voice you could possibly imagine. "Hold up your gun with both hands." My arms seemed to do it automatically. "Put your finger on the trigger, but don't pull it." My finger slipped over the trigger without any hesitation. Caroline then got super close and whispered in my ear. "Focus. Focus on your-"

"Caroline!" I heard a scolding shout from across the room. It was Seren. "Stop taking advantage of the newbies! Nobody thinks your attractive!"

"Don't tell me what to do you demented scum!" Caroline shouted back.

Seren put her knife gently back in its place. She walked over looking as calm as possible. What was this game that she was playing? She gave Caroline a soft look. Suddenly, for a quick millisecond, I could see the spark of anger light up in her eyes, and she grabbed Caroline and slammed her up against the wall.

"You'll think twice before insulting me again! Got it?" she commanded.

"You don't scare me Seren! I can fight just as well as you!" Caroline yelled.

Seren then shoved her on the ground. Before she could throw any punches, Oliver restrained her and pulled her out of reach. I thought I should help, but another man got there first and restrained Caroline.

"Let me go, Oliver!" Seren said as she was struggling against his hold.

"Calm down, Seren!" Oliver yelled. He seemed to be able to keep her restrained well.

"No! Didn't you hear what she said to me?"

"Yes, I did! That doesn't mean you can beat her to death! She's on our side." Oliver tried to convince her to stop fighting.

The man restraining Caroline spoke. "Seren, stop."

Seren seemed to listen to him. She stopped fighting and Oliver let go of her. She nodded and walked back to the knives. She started throwing them at the target, harder than she did before. Oliver walked back over to me.

"You have no idea how many times I've had to do that." He said while breathing heavily.

"What's her issue?" I asked.

"I don't know. Nobody knows but Alastair, the leader of this organization.  He's not supposed to share anyone's history, and she has never told anyone about her past life."

The man that restrained Caroline walked over. "Hello," he said as he shook my hand. "you must be Mason. I'm Remus Alastair, the leader of the Galactic Spy Agency. You can just call me Alastair."

"Nice to meet you." I replied.

"I see you've had quite a first few minutes here." He looked over at Seren, who was hitting the bullseye every time with her knives.

I laughed. "Yeah."

"Well I hope you feel welcome here. You will be trained to fight and use your abilities."

"Thanks. Sounds awesome!" I said. I think I sounded a little too enthusiastic. Oh well.

"I'd better go. Got lots of work to do."

I turned to Oliver. "What's Caroline's ability?"

"She's super flirtatious. She can control guys to do whatever she wants, especially if you look into her eyes. That makes you easier to control because your just so entranced by them. Luckily, she didn't get to do much with you." Oliver replied.

"Oh." I said, surprised. Yeesh.

"Don't worry. Just try to keep your distance from her and Seren. Everyone else is cool." Oliver said reassuringly.

I didn't know it then, but that was the start of an amazing adventure.