Chapter 4: Gambling

"Come on, hurry up." Seren was knocking on my dorm room door.

"Hey! You're not supposed to be on this floor!" I yelled back.

"When was the last time I followed the rules?" She had a point.

I stuffed the rest of the things in my back and opened the door. Seren was standing there with her arms crossed. "Well it took you long enough." She blew a piece of purple hair out of her face.

"I was packing." I replied.

"So was I. Let's go."

"Come on, Seren! Let's go!" I heard Hal say from down the hall.

"Shh! Don't let anyone catch you!" Seren hissed.

"Sorry!" Hal whispered.

We walked down the hall and went in the elevator. Soon, we were walking out the main doors and boarding a hover. "You can drive this thing, right?" I asked.

"Are you kidding me? I can fly a ship and you're wondering if I can drive a hover? Please, I'm pretty sure the answer is clear."

"Oh my gosh! I'm so excited! This is the greatest day ever!" Hal said before we headed off.

~

We pulled into the lot of a building with lots of flashing lights. It had no sign, so I didn't know what we were going into. 

"Their sign must have broken again." Seren said.

"Wait, you come here regularly?" I asked.

"Well, whenever I have time." replied Seren.

"Where are we?" I said as we were walking in. "Oh." We were in a casino.

It was a little run-down. There was a bar with a scruffy-looking man serving drinks. Many people were playing cards, while some were using slot machines. The man serving drinks gestured us over. "Hey, Seren!" he seemed a little drunk himself, for he didn't seem to be able to look right at her. "What brings you here?"

"I need a ship." Seren replied.

"I think that guy over there has one to bet." he pointed to a guy that had blonde hair and was waiting at a card table.

"Thanks."

We walked over to the man. As I got closer, I could see that he had the bluest eyes, but not quite as bright as Serens. He had some facial hair and wore a brown leather jacket. "Coming to gamble, kid?" he asked Seren. He had deep voice that also made him sound a little self absorbed. It's weird how you can tell how people act by their voice.

Seren rolled her eyes. "I may be young, but don't underestimate my ability." 

The man whistled. "My, my. Feisty girl, you are."

Seren seemed to be getting annoyed. "Can we just get started?"

He smiled. "Sure. I got a ship. What do you have?"

"This droid." She pointed at Hal.

Hal seemed scared out of his robot mind."WHAT?! Seren what are you-" 

"Shh. I have this under control." She interrupted.

"Please," the man said. "That droid is ancient."

"Rude!" Hal exclaimed.

"He may be old, but he's programmed well. Hal, tell him." Seren said.

"Oh, uh, I can speak over 5 million languages and I have a computer that is five times faster than a regular one, which helps if you need information quickly. I also have tools in my hands that can be helpful and I can store items in my abdomen compartment." his stomach opened up as if to demonstrate. Inside was two chips and a mysterious box.