Epilogue: A Year Later

Mason's POV

Seren walked into the training room. She had changed a lot in the past year or so. She grew out her hair. It still has hair dye at the ends, which looked pretty with her dirty blonde hair. Seren is a lot nicer, too. She has a couple more friends. She developed an interest in books, mostly adventure and sci-fi books. She had gotten her hands old paperback copies of a nine-book series from a very long time ago. It's her favorite series. I had actually gotten to read it and it was very good.

Seren walked over to me. "What's up, loser?" she asked playfully while punching my arm; hard.

"Agh!" I exclaimed while laughing. I fished a gift out of my pocket. "Happy birthday."

"I'm surprised you remembered." she said as she took my gift.

"Why would I forget?" I asked.

Seren opened the small box and pulled out the necklace. It was silver with an oval-shaped charm and a diamond in the middle of it. On the back was a quote from her favorite book: "Strike me down and I will become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."

"You did not!" she exclaimed.

"I did."

Seren took my arm and dragged me into the empty hallway. She then pulled me into a kiss.

"Thank you." she whispered once she pulled away.

Seren and I heard our devices go off. I checked mine and saw an Instant Message from Alastair. "Meet me in my office. I have a new mission for you." 

"You ready?" Seren smirked.

"I always am."