Chapter 5: Another World

Well. Guess who finally got their lazy butts off YouTube and decided to write another chapter? Das rite, it's me. I deserve an award :).

~

We flew in silence for what seemed like ages. Hal would break the quietness by saying how many miles and kilometers (he loves to be exact) were left until we got to our destination, or he would hum a tune. I decided to start a conversation. "Where are we going anyway?"

Hal spoke. "An unidentified planet-"

"We're going to an unnamed planet," Seren interrupted. "it's mostly water, but there's one small island. That's where the enemy base is"

"Oh, okay." I sat back, not knowing what else to say.

".5 miles, or .8 kilometers, to enemy base." Hal stated.

It made me nervous how close we were. What if everything goes wrong? What if I blow our cover? What if one of us doesn't make it out? I did not want to mess everything up.

"So kid," Seren said. I interrupted her before she could say anything else.

"Can we establish now that we will treat each other like we're the same age?"

"Can we establish now that we will treat each other like we're the same height?" She asked.

"Can't promise that."

"Then no," she stated. "Anyway, what's your ability?"

"Reading minds. Yours?" I said.

"I can make people see what I want them to see."

"Speaking of abilities, you know that guy you were gambling against was cheating, right? I could hear it in his thoughts."

"Of course I knew. I made him see different cards than what I saw. So that's how I won."

"That's cheating!" I exclaimed.

"Well he cheated first, so we're even."

"Whatever." I sat back. I was pretty sure that wasn't how it worked, but from what I learned, you don't argue with Seren.

"We're here!" Hal yelled, which made Seren and I jump.

Seren sighed. "Please don't scare me like that! I know we're here!"

"Sorry." Hal apologized.

Seren started flipping more switches. "Preparing ship for entrance into the atmosphere."

"Where are we going to land?" I asked.

"On the beach. We have to keep it as far away as possible from the base."

"And where is the base, exactly?"

"Right in the center of the island." She answered.

"And how far away from the beach is that?"

"Quite a ways."

"About 6 miles." Hal said.

"We have to walk 6 miles?!"

"Yes we have to walk 6 miles.  It's not going to be fun for anyone so shut your trap and quit complaining!"

"No need to yell Seren.  6 miles is a lot for a normal person, or even a tall person like me!"