Chapter 7: Lost

Oh my stars guys!

I reached over a hundred reads on this story!

Thank you all so much for reading it even though I'm a horrible writer! :) Ily all! <3

~
Mason's POV

Later that morning, Seren wakes me up...again.  Of course, it's with even louder music.  I fell out of bed, hands clamped  tightly over my ears.  Still, my eardrums were blown. 

"Not funny," I muttered to a cackling Seren. 

"Mason, you're an idiot," Seren managed through her laughter.

"I swear I'll get you for this."  I said it quietly so Seren can't hear.  I get up.  Even Hal's laughing at me.  I left the cabin grumbling about Hal and mostly Seren.

~

About 3 hours later, we were dressed, we'd eaten and we're ready to go.

"What are we doing today, making guards jump on a coconut that they think is an enemy spy?" I asked Seren.

"First of all, don't insult my powers again. Second of all, no that's not what we're doing.  We're attacking the enemy fort," Seren said. 

"And how exactly do we do that?"

"Simple.  You run around to create a diversion while I attack the guards."

"How do I do that without getting killed?  Seren, these guys have guns."

"Think of something.  I've come up with to plan so far, now it's your turn."  I sighed and walked off.

"Shrub," I muttered.   I hid behind a bush.  Seren signaled to me and I jumped up from my hiding place.  I ran around and screamed  like a maniac, guns firing at me the entire time.  Somehow, I managed not to die.  Seren knocked out the last guard just in time.  The bullet just missed my left shoulder. 

"How did you come up with that diversion?" Seren asked.

"Hey, you asked for a diversion.  Is that not what I gave you?" 

"Maybe a quieter one would have been better."

"Dude, I had no time to think."

"Well it worked. For us to get in, I'll need to make everyone think we're guards. Grab his keycard," Seren said, pointing. I knelt next to the guard and took the card hanging from his belt.  I handed it to Seren, who swiped it through the card reader.  The door clicked open.  There were several more guards inside.  They didn't pay attention to us.  Seren's face was dead serious and I could see she was focusing hard.

"Why aren't they attacking?" I ask quietly.  Hal answers.

"Because Seren is making them see us as guards."  I nodded and shut up.  We made it to an empty hallway.  Seren's face relaxed and she took a deep breath.

"You okay?" I asked.

"I'm fine Mason. It's a lot of work making three people look completely different, that's all," she snapped. I threw my hands up in a surrendering gesture.