Chapter 1

Edited~ 12/17/18

SarahPOV
    "Hey Marcy." I said cheerfully.
    I took off my leather jacket, revealing my tattoos and threw my apron around my waist.
    "Late again, Sarah." She mumbled.
    I smirked and shrugged.
    "Ten minutes is a record for me." I said matter-of-factly.
    "You know if I wasn't your best friend and the manager of this place, you would be out a job?" She quizzed, narrowing her eyes a bit.
    "Yes I do know that. But you are. So I almost don't have anything to worry about." I said and put a lolly pop in my mouth.
    "Yes but being your best friend, I can kick your ass after we're off the clock." She all but growled.
    "Might wanna put the word attempt in there. And notice how I said almost." I smirked and she sighed.
    "Just get to work." She grumbled.
    I smirked a bit but nodded, making my nice wavy ponytail bob with my head a bit. I went to serve some customers.
"Hi. What can I get for you today?" I smiled.

MichaelPOV
I groaned as I woke up. The sun burned in my eyes since my dark drapes had opened a bit in the night. I rolled my eyes at the sun and rolled over into my stomach.
"Just... Five more... Minutes.." I fell back to sleep.
It only felt like a few minutes before I was woken up by a knock at my bedroom door. I groaned and sat up.
"What?" I yelled at whoever was behind the door.
"Could I come in sir?" I heard Andrew behind the door.
I sighed.
"Yes." I grumbled and muttered to myself as I laid back down.
"Hello sir." He said.
I raised my head to look at him.
"Andrew. We're best friends. You can call me Mike when we're not in the workplace." I rolled my eyes at him.
He raised an eyebrow and crossed his arms.
"Someone is in a good mood." He stated.
"Not really." I growled and threw a pillow at him.
I heard him catch it though. He chuckled.
Get dressed so we can go out to get a bite to eat." He said.
"Who's we?" I groaned.
"You, me, and Andre." He stated and I nodded into my my pillow.
"Fine. I'll be down shortly." I said
"Yes sir." He said and left, closing the door.
I sighed and started to get ready.
"Are you ready yet, Sir?" I recognized the voice of one of my guards.
"Yes." I replied.
I grabbed my wallet and sunglasses and walked out of my room.

SarahPOV
I went to pick up on a table that the family had just left. They were nice people. I talked to them a bit and they gave me a nice tip. I sighed back a yawn and went with the garbage to the kitchen. I threw out the small remainder of food and put the dishes on the counter.
I was taking off old orders when I heard a few gasps and a squeak from someone. I threw the old orders away and walked out by the bar counter with furrowed eyebrows.
"Hey. What's up?" I asked Marcy and Amanda.
"The-the-the-" Amanda stuttered while Marcy didn't speak at all.
I rolled my eyes and grabbed Amanda by her shoulders.
"Dammit woman, speak!" I exclaimed.
Her blubbering was drawing attention from a few people in the diner including these three guys in a booth
"Wait. Are those the-" I was cut off from my confusion.
"Snakes!" Marcy all but screeched.
The three snake guys looked over at us and raised their eyebrows, narrowing their eyes a bit at the three of us. I rolled my eyes and slapped Marcy upside the head for her stupidity. I sighed in frustration and took my notepad out of my apron as I walked to their table. Pretty much everyone went back to their normal conversations by now.
"Hi I'm Sarah. What can I get you today?" I asked.
The two less smaller guys looked at me in confusion and the buffer one narrowed his eyes at me a bit.
"What?" I snapped at them a bit.
"Why aren't you afraid?" The buffer guy of the three all but snapped back at me.
I rolled my eyes and I could feel everyone's eyes on me.
"Is that how you get off then? From people being afraid of you? Well you're not gonna get anywhere with me, buddy." I snapped back at him.
I don't like these guys already. I never liked the snakes or any gang after what happened to my brother. Ever.
"Do you realize who you are talking to?" The biggest guy of the three growled at me as he stood up.
Surprisingly he was only a few inches taller than me. But I'm more of a taller female.
"Not specifically, no. But I do know I'm talking to some jarhead gang member who I can't even take a simple order from without his status bloating his ego." I huffed.
"That's where your wrong sweetheart. I am Mike Ward. The Gang leader." He growled, lifting his shirt to show a hand gun.
I raised one of my perfectly shaped brows at him.
"What are you gonna do? Shoot me in front of families? With babies and children around?" I quizzed, smirking as he looked around, lowering his shirt.
"That's a lot of innocent witnesses to kill after you've killed me." I said.
He growled under his breath, making my smirk grow.
"How are you not afraid of us?" The one with dark brown shaggy hair, almost growled at me.
I rolled my eyes and put my pencil to my notepad.
"Are you going to order something? Or are you just going to sit there collecting dust that I'll have to clean up." I crossed my arms over my chest
When I did, it accidentally made my boobs more evident. His dark eyes traveled down for a few short moments before he sat back down. I walked back with their orders in hand and could feel everyone's eyes on me.