Chapter 23

SarahPOV
I shook as Amanda and Marcy helped me get dressed. I was released a week later from the hospital and now I'm getting ready for Mike's hearing three days later. I haven't eaten much because I haven't felt well and I've been so worried about him.

They wouldn't even let me see him when the first put him in jail. He was isolated and was not aloud any visitors until after his hearing. "Ready?" Marcy asked and I shrugged. "No." I sighed and Amanda patted my shoulder. "Everything will work out one way or another." She said and I sighed but nodded.

We got in the car and started on our way. They had the radio on but no one was listening. I was worried for me and they were worried for me...

We made it to the place where his hearing would be and I slowly got out of the car. I was still a little weak from what happened. Andrew had been buried a few days after Mike was put away. It was so hard for everyone. He was like a brother to me. Marcy said Andre had a panic attack in her arms that night before paramedics came. It almost seemed as if everything was falling apart...

Marcy was going strong with her very small baby belly however. Her and Andre were now a thing. We stepped into the courthouse and took our seats. In sure I looked like complete shit with my dull hair that needed redying and my makeup free face.

After what felt like forever, everyone was in the room and Mike was walked out. In handcuffs... He walked out with his head high and he caught sight of me. I don't think he even knew what he was doing as he tried to walk toward me. He pulled against the officer that had a hold of him and a few other officers ran to help.

I put my hands up to tell him to stop with a pleading face as I saw an officer reach for something in his belt. He relaxed and walked the rest of the way to his seat. Once he was seated, the judge came in shortly after.

"Michael Ward.. How do you plead?" They asked after the oath and all that. Mike stood and I gulped. "I plead guilty your honor." My head immediately hung as he sat back down. Amanda rubbed my back as tears threatened to slip. "It might give him a shorter sentence." Marcy reminded me. I Only nodded..

After the review of the evidence against Mike.. The jury had been out for an hour now and they had called break or whatever. "Everyone in please." The baliff said. Everyone took their seats as the jury did the same. Mike was taken back in. This time he only gave me a sorry look as a few tears slid down my face.

"Does the jury have a decision?" Was asked and a man stood from the middle of the right side of the jury. My right anyway. "We do your honor.. As he said.. We claim Michael Ward guilty of all charges." He said and was seated. Now.. The sentencing..

The judge smacked his gavel to silence everyone. "Michael Ward... I sentence you to 11 years in State prison.. This case is adjourned." I gasped for my breathe as Mike was taken away. "Any visitors of the defendant may stay to say their goodbyes." The baliff said and I cried as the girls held me. Goodbye... How was I suppose to say that to a man I love?

I was finally allowed to see Mike and when I did, he immediately pulled me into a hug after seeing my tears. "I love you so much.." I cried and buried my head in the crook of his neck. "I know baby. I love you too. And I'm so sorry." He sighed and I cried harder. "Times up, Ward." A man in an official uniform said. "No..." I whispered and we held on tighter to each other. But eventually they pulled us apart.. And they took him from me..
*****
The End
Just kidding. There is a sequel to this story. It is called the gang leader wants me... ten years later. Go check it out and make sure to like, comment, and follow. Thank you readers XOXO 💋