Chapter 12

SarahPOV
We got to the destination and my mouth dropped a little. This place was big! It had to of been a mansion and I've never seen one of those in person. Andrew and Andre led me up the porch stairs to the front door. They opened the door and Andre led me in by my wrist.

I saw a bunch of guys in there and they all looked at me weird. I pulled my wrist from Andre and glared for him pulling me. He rolled his eyes and I followed him around the house. There were buff guys everywhere. Non that really intimidated me. One guy tried to touch my ass and I started to yell at him.

Unfortunately Andre and Andrew had gotten ahead of me so I was left to deal with this guy. The guy had gotten mad and was covering my mouth and trying to touch my butt. A large hand wrapped around his throat and pulled him back. "Well hello again."Mike winked at me, while the guy choked in his hold.

"How about you catch up with Andre and Andrew? I'll be there shortly." He smiled a little but it didn't feel right. I turned around and walked away slowly. "She. Is. Mine." I heard him whisper to the guy before I heard a snap.

I tried to turn around but Andrew kept me from doing so. I wrinkled my eyebrows. "Trust me. You don't wanna turn around." Andre said and kept me walking with them. Mike caught up with us as I was playing with the necklace he put on me.

"Ladies first."He smiled but scolded at the twins. "Andre, Andrew. Get in there." He growled at them and they walked in behind me. They say in the chairs in front of Mike's desk and Mike sat in the chair behind his desk. I looked around, looking for a place to sit and saw a small couch across the room.

I went and sat on it, crossing my legs. "Now can you explain to me how you two fucked up so many times with what belongs to your boss?" I heard Mike Ward growl. Belongs to him? Did he mean me? I didn't quite know but I looked around, pretending I wasn't listening.

"We're sorry boss but... In our defense it wasn't intentional." Andre said quietly. "In your defense, huh?" Mike chuckled a bit. "And what about her defense? Who was there to protect her against mobsters even if it was one of our own. And two of them were enemies." He growled out loudly.

Against my better judgement, I looked over and saw Mike's muscles contracting in his arms from squeezing it in his hand. "We know boss. We're sorry." Andrew said in a guilty tone. "You're sorry? Haha. I could have you two shot in between the eyes for not protecting her. You're just lucky you're my right hand men and unfortunately best friends." He glared at them and they nodded in what looked like guilt and shame.

"Now get out of my office before I change my mind." Mike growled and the two got up from their chairs and as they walked by I gave them sorry looks. They shrugged a little, looking barely phased by what just happened. It was like they were used to this Mike.

They exited the office and Mike turned to me, raising his eyebrow. "Gonna sit way over there or are we gonna talk and hang?" He asked and I shook the thoughts I was having away. I slowly stood up before making my way over to him. "I see you got all dressed up for me." He smirked, putting his hands behind his head and leaning back.

"Haha very funny. But I wanted to come over and..." I lost my words. I suddenly forgot what I was going to say. I wasn't ready to tell him about Jake but how could I say what I needed to say without telling him. "Mhm." He nodded, raising a brow. "I think... I can try and make this work." I said and he crossed his arms, looking at me.

"What do you mean?" He smirked, knowing exactly what I meant. "I mean that I'm willing to give you and me a shot." I sighed and he smirked. "I told you, Sarah. You would fall for me soon enough." His smirk grew and I scoffed. "I haven't fallen for you. I'm saying I'll try this. You're not a bad looking guy but I'm not in love with you. But if you continue the cocky attitude I won't even get close to that." I growled a bit.

"Okay just chill girl. Lets go watch a movie in the movie room." He smiled a little and got up from his chair. He walked out of the room, motioning for me to follow and I did so. I walked beside him and his fingers brushed mine. I pulled my hand away a bit but he slowly took my smaller hand in his.

We got to the movie room and there were groans and my eyes widened. I looked up at Mike and he rolled his eyes. "One moment." He sighed and poked his head in. "You do know we have rooms for such activity yes?" Mike growled and I heard shuffling as he took his head back out. Two girls and the twins came out of the media room.

"M'lady." Andre pretended to tip an imaginary hat and scrambled off. He was only in boxers and holding the rest of his clothes. The two girls ran off with him and Andrew looked at the ground, walking away also in the direction of the girls and his brother.

I cocked an eyebrow at Mike and he shrugged. "Believe it or not that's normal." He said as he led me into the room and sat me down, putting in a movie I chose. Rush hour. I know I'm odd. Hahaha.