Chapter 13

SarahPOV
I awwwed at the notebook as Mike groaned behind me. "Oh shush. Have a heart." I laughed at him and put my eyes back on the screen. "I can't believe you are making me watch this." He whined, sounding like he was going to gag. "Oh shut up. This is every girl's dream of romance." I laughed.

He sighed and the movie paused. I gasped. "You did not just do that." I growled and he smirked at me. "I did indeed." He laughed, getting two beers. He handed me one and popped his own open. I did the same. "Just relax. I wanna talk." He said and I sighed, taking a swig from the drink.

"Okay." I gave in. "Truth or dare?" I asked and he laughed. "So childish but truth." He said and I giggled. Turns out it was a great game. We had a few more beers in us and things got... Interesting. "First time you had sex?" He asked and I felt the tears come to my eyes.

His brows furrowed but he came to realization and he sat upright quickly. "Oh my god. Sarah I'm sorry I didnt-" I cut him off gently. "No No. It's okay really. You didn't know." I sniffled, blinking back the tears from the memories. "I'll kill him. Ill-" I cut him off again. "You don't have to do that, Mike. My father is already dead." The tears were flowing slowly down my cheeks.

"Oh Sarah." He pulled me into a hug and rocked me back and forth. "He died when I was 13. Two years after he..." I choked. "Shh. You don't have to say it." He whispered and I cried a little more before maintaining my composure. I sat up right and wiped my tears. "So what about you? When did you do it?" I asked him.

He looked taken aback by my sudden composure but brushed it off. "I was 17." He answered simply with a chuckle. I nodded. He scooted a bit closer. "First kiss?" He asked curiously. "I was 17 actually." I laughed a little. "You?" I asked in a whisper as I realised his face was so close to mine.

"13." He stated simply. His eyes kept fluttering and so did mine. "First love?" He asked, his eyes holding jealousy before I could even answer as he set his beer down. "Never had one. You?" Our voices went no higher than a whisper. "Never had one." He said and his lips brushed mine as he spoke.

"How come?" My lips brushed against his this time. I saw him gulp from how close we were. "Never found the right girl." He whispered and this time his lips pressed a bit against mine. I couldn't take it. I gently grasped his shirt and pressed my lips against his. They were so plump and fit so well with mine.

I pulled away after a few moments and laughed a little. He smiled a dreamy smile. I caught sight of the clock and almost gasped. "Woah. I should go. I have work in the morning." I smiled at him. "Okay I'll drive you home." He smiled and I squinted my eyes. "We have been drinking." I said and he rolled his eyes. "I had one drink. You had three but you seem pretty sober." He said and I nodded. "I hold my alcohol very well." I nodded.

He laughed and pulled me up gently. "Come on hot stuff." He smirked and I smiled at the name. I liked that one so much better. He gently pulled me out of the room by my hand to one of the SUVs outside. We got in and he started driving.

When we got to my house, I yawned a bit. "I had fun, Mike." I smiled a little. "Me too, Sarah." He smiled back. I gave him a kiss on his cheek before getting out of the car. He waited until I was safely inside before pulling out of the driveway and driving home. I smiled a little to myself, really feeling I made the right decision. But if he had me go on another gang job, I will kill him. I sighed, knowing this will be tough and went up to my room, falling asleep quickly.