Chapter 15

×2 Days Later×
SarahPOV
I turned on some music. It was about 7:30 and Mike wouldn't be here for another half an hour. I entered my room and set some clothes on my bed.

I grabbed a towel from the basket of clean clothes on the floor. I threw it over my shoulder and walked into the bathroom. I plugged my phone into its doc and turned on Machine Gun Kelly. I stripped from my clothes and stepped into the now steaming water.

I washed my body and hair and started to shave my legs and other places. I breathed in the steam from the got water and leaned against the wall. What if this doesn't work? Am I about to be in danger? Thoughts ran through my mind, one after another. I decided to put aside such thoughts. I mean, he hasn't even asked me out on a real date or asked me to be his girlfriend.

I pursed my lips as I stopped the shower water. I stepped out of the shower and grabbed my towel. I tried my hair and face and then wrapped the towel around my body. I unplugged my phone and stepped out of the bathroom, only to shriek when Mike sat on my bed. He looked away from my wall of photos to me and seemed unphased about how I was only in a purple towel.

"What are you doing in here??" I asked, dumbfounded. "Well I told you I would be coming at 8. You weren't downstairs and I heard the shower so I came up here." He shrugged, obviously trying his best to keep his eyes on my face. He failed epically but at least he tried. Right?

"Yea well I need to get dressed." I said and he nodded. He either didn't get the message or he ignored it being a cocky ass. The latter I'm sure. "Okay I tried to be suddle because you're a guest but Mike... Get out of my room and wait in the living room." I said in a calm voice. He chuckled and went to do just that.

I couldn't help but giggle as I heard his footsteps fade. I quickly pulled on my outfit ^ and decided I was too lazy for makeup today. I hummed as I walked down the stairs. I took the cookies out of the oven and Mike sat casually, waiting for me while watching a hockey game on TV. I went and sat next to him. Or tried to anyway. He pulled me into his lap and I looked at him surprised. He only smirked and rubbed my back where my shoulder blades are.

"Mike." I said after a little while of SpongeBob that I convinced him to turn on. "Hm?" He asked, looking straight ahead as I looked up at him. I put my index finger on the opposite side of his jaw and turned his face to look down at me. "What are we?" I asked as I looked from his dark eyes to his dark and plump lips. "Well what do you wanna be?" He asked and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Well it's not just what I want. But I'm scared to be with you, Mike. I'll be honest." I said softly. A look of anger flashed in his eyes but was quickly gone. Was he mad I said I was afraid? "Why would you be afraid to be with me?" He asked through gritted teeth. I squinted my eyes a bit at him. "Wouldn't you be afraid?" I asked back through gritted teeth as I got up and went to the kitchen, hearing his footsteps behind me.

"I just don't get why you would ask me such a question and then back out." He started to raise his voice. I put down the box with the tea in it and turned to face him. He was close. My chest touched his. "In not backing out, Mike but... I've already had two guys come after me for even speaking to you." I exclaimed. He nodded.

"I don't understand why you're mad at me for being afraid of going further. Wouldn't you be scared, Mike. Why don't you take a step in my shoes. Why don't you try to see things through my eyes? Why don't you stop being such a narcassitic asshole and think about someone else a little bit more than yourself." I spat and he seemed angered because of the look on his eyes.

But his face shown hurt but tried it's best to remain neutral. "I know you almost got taken. And I'm sorry for that. I'm not asking you to love me. I'm asking for a chance. I do care about you." His breathe started to get heavy as he fumed. "If you cared then-" I got cut off as his lips pressed to mine. His hands landed on my hips after my arms slowly wrapped around his neck.

This relationship. It felt okay to think like that. But it would be never be a normal, hi honey I'm home, relationship. No, if I was going to do this... I had to face the fact that it would never be normal.

I had to face the fact that we would fight and disagree a lot. I had to face the fact that I would hate when he came home with blood on his clothes. I had to face the fact that my life would probably change. I had to face the fact that I had a chance to fall for a gang leader. It would never be a normal love. But how many chances does one person get at love at all? I wasn't willing to wait another some odd years if I thought I had it right here in front of me.

I put my hands on his chest as he started to kiss my neck and gently pushed against him. "Mike." I stopped him. I breathed heavily as I put my palms against his chest and he rested his forehead against mine. His chest rose and fell heavily as he gave me a few normal passionate kisses.

"So you tell me, Sarah. What do you wanna be?" Mike asked me, still with his forehead against mine. I took a silent deep breathe. "I wanna be yours." I whispered.