Chapter 5

AN: Happy New Year everyone! Hope you'll have a wonderful new year!

-

Chapter 5:

It had been several hours since the revealing of Achyuta's long thought to be dead twin and Varuna, along with everyone else, was starting to get worried. The gentle imperial hadn't returned to the clinic yet, and neither had Nitish. Falkner had reassured that he had spied the two in the park simply talking and the area was peaceful, but Roxbury still headed out in search of the mysterious twin to ensure that he didn't cause any other trouble. Logre had wandered off with him, wanting to see this twin with his own eyes.

The man, after all, seemed resentful to both Achyuta and the fact that he aided in the defeat of the Titan. There was a strong possibility that he was one of the many other imperials who felt that the Titan was their only salvation.

As he sat in the seating room, waiting for his brother and his brother's love to return, Varuna toyed with the imperial badge that Biast showed him back at the Golden Lair. He wanted to tell Nitish about the possibility of others like them, about the possibility of learning more about the emperor's desperate voyage through the four lands. He also wanted to show him the badge, knowing that Nitish would be most interested in studying it. He may even be able to give them some insight of the emotions and spirituality of the former owner.

But after what happened today, he wasn't sure he should mention it until they somehow dealt with Achyuta's seemingly antagonistic brother.

Varuna was pulled from his thoughts by the sound of the front door opening. He immediately took to his feet when Nitish stepped silently inside, looking just a little bit washed out.

"Nitish, how's Achyuta?" Varuna asked as he rushed over to his brother, only to pause in his steps when he noticed a presence behind him.

Although looking rather weary, Achyuta gave a small smile as he and Nitish moved further inside. "I'm fine," he said as he closed the door quietly behind him.

Varuna wasn't all that convinced. "Really?"

The smile on his face slipped and Achyuta released a sigh. "I don't know what had happened to my brother the last twelve years, but I am relieved that he's still alive." He then shook his head sadly. "Even if he seems to resent me somehow..."

Varuna didn't know how to respond to that so simply nodded his head and decided not to press the other man. It was obvious that he was still bewildered and hurt by what had happened, though.

"Varuna?" Nitish suddenly questioned as he reached out with his hand to touch Varuna's arm. An expression of puzzlement appeared on his face as he looked down at the item Varuna was holding in his hand. "That item?"

"Oh," Varuna murmured as he lifted his hand, presenting it to Nitish to take. "Biast gave it to me."

As Nitish carefully picked up the item, Achyuta glanced over Nitish's shoulder at it as well, and furrowed his brow in confusion. "An imperial badge?"

"It's something Biast had wanted to tell us for a while," Varuna explained as he made a slight motion toward the seating area with his hand. "But we've been so busy lately."

Clutching the badge tightly in one hand, Nitish automatically reached out to take Achyuta's hand in his other, guiding the other to the seating area and taking a seat. As Achyuta sat down next to him, Nitish turned his attention back to Varuna. "What is it?"

Varuna sat down upon the couch opposite Nitish and Achyuta. And as he relayed what Biast had told him earlier that day, Nitish was equally shocked and hopeful. Achyuta looked just as intrigued and surprised by the revelation.