Chapter Four

" Well... Seems like you'll be coming with me." Lucy had sighed to the poor thief who had been beaten by her.
She dragged the scum back to the village to get her reward.
Once she met up with the mayor, he smiled upon her.

" I've got him all tied up for you. "she grinned, lifting the thief in the ropes.
" We had all thought and decided if you would like, we could pay you a thousand jewels more and also be welcomed to our town any time if you could take the thief to the jails in the north since we do not have one in our own town. "the mayor said, playing with his thumbs.
Lucy smiled.
" Being welcomed here is enough. I don't need any extra money. I'll be happy to escorts him in his cell at the northern jails. "she said.
The town cheered as the Mayor thanked her what seemed like a thousand times as he handed her a bag filled with her reward money.
She got on the train as she waved goodbye.
She sighed as she had sat down and the thief tied up next across from her.

" 'being welcomed here is enough'? "the thief questioned her words as if mockingly.
" And what is wrong with that? "the blondie stared cold eyes into him.
" Nothing, nothing... But don't you think you could've used that money? "he asked.
" Look... You're going to be taken to the jails in the north and I won't be seeing you ever again. "she said.
" What makes you so sure of that? "
She grabbed his ear.
" If I see you again when you haven't spent your years in jail, I will do more than beat you. But don't worry... I won't be killing you. "she shrugged.

~~~

At the jail where there was deep snow and it had been still snowing, she waved goodbye to the thief and got on the train back to Magnolia to give the landlady her rent money.

As the train began moving, there was a loud noise like an explosion then the giant machine had shook and tipped over.
Lucy was thrown against the window, shattering it and rolled in the snow.
She laid face down in the freezing cloud as blood trickled from her head, hand, and other wounds that were around her body the the window's glass. One was sticking out from her shoulder like someone had stabbed her there.

" Won't be seeing me ever again, eh? "