Chapter Three- Welcome to StrawHats

“We are recruiting good friends to be our members, want to join?” Rankanai continued. She smiled sweetly and proceeded to pick up her shield and orb lying on the ground where she fell.

Tsubame and I looked at each other, both of us not knowing what to say.

“I guess…” Tsubame shrugged and smiled. “Well I think we pass the good friend qualification you’re looking for.”

“Yeah, I guess I can be that. The good friend you are looking for. But-“

 I don’t want to sound stupid but I really have no idea what a guild is. I tried to mask my confusion by smiling but I am growing frustrated as the seconds go by so I decided to blurt out what’s bothering me. “I really want to join your guild, but I have no idea what it is or what the people in it do.” I scratched my head and blushed with my idiotic statement. Rankanai and Tsubame laughed hard at my expression. I smiled shyly and made circles on the ground.

“Well, a guild is like one’s home. It’s an organization, it’s a society, and it’s a one big family.” Rankanai seemed excited as she explained to us everything about the guild. She said they have few members right now; all of them are bonded by friendship. The guild master is Princessdoll, the girl I met last time and the managers were Rankanai and Naosuke, and there 3 or 4 more whom I haven’t met yet so I cant remember their names well.

“Anyways, we would be happy to be your friend, your family and your guild mate. That is if you want to join us. It’s lonely in this world, you know,if you battle alone. So have you decided?” Rankanai looked at Tsubame and then me, her eyes questioning. She smiled sweetly, as if trying to convince us.

“Im in, I don’t want to grow lonely and sad each day in here.” I chuckled and made a “thumbs up” sign to Rankanai.

“Me too, hehe.” Tsubame made the same gesture.

Rankanai jumped up and down with joy. She then started looking for something on her back pack. After a few seconds, she pulled out what looks like a notepad, a pen and two Tamagochi-like gadgets.

“Here, you have to sign this one.” She gave us the notepad and the pen. The notepad has a Strawhat written on it. I opened that notepad and saw a list of names, probably the members of the guild as well as their titles. I turned the next page and saw the profiles of each member. I flipped the pages and saw an empty profile sheet.

“There, you have to sign that, both of you. It’s like a written agreement that you are accepted.”

I started filling the profile with my name and class as well as the other necessary data that the guild needs. When I finished doing so, I passed the notepad to Tsubame who did the same. After she filled out the profile, she gave the notepad to Rankanai. Rankanai made us affix our signatures on the back part of the notepad. It looked like a dedication notebook for someone because of the signatures on it. She then placed the notepad inside her bag and handed us the Tamagochi-like gadgets.

“Here you go, one for each of you.”

“What’s this?” Tsubame and I asked.

The gadget we are holding looks like a small beeper. It is oval in shape, gray in color and weighs like a small rock. It has a small screen where the text appears, on the side is what appears as the speaker and a small hole which looks like a microphone.

“That’s the latest technology here in Gaia. That is our guild beeper.” Rankanai pulled out hers and started discussing the features of the beeper. “This will help us communicate with each other. The text you will read is the guild introduction text. It can contain a few reminders from the Guild master or the managers. Sometimes you will read encouraging thoughts from it.”