France

~ ~ Soulmate AU! Where everyone's color blind until they meet their soulmate ~ ~

Her eyes are dull, but she knew they could hold life.

Her expression is impassive, but she knew she was impressed.

Her skills were modest, but she knew it was because she lack an important sense.

It hurts twice as much to a mother when she sees her child in pain.

All she could was watch and hear her daughter's cries in vain.

Such a shame.

Such a shame indeed.

(Y/n) sighed as she stood by the hallways of her parents' house. It was the weekend and she decided to pass by at the ground where she grew up. "Hey hun." She turned to look at her mother that stood by the kitchen, holding a cup of juice. (M/n) knew how her daughter fawned over the scribbles on the canvases hung on their hallway as decorations. She knew how her daughter always stare angrily at it. She knew she wasn't mad at the painting itself because she knew how her daughter wanted to appreciate the artwork more if she could see it in color. (M/n) tried her best to describe her the colors of the paintings.

(Y/n) turned away to now look at the vase full of black, white and gray flowers. (M/n) walked slowly to her, knowing how disappointed she is also that she can't match the dull colors to how the fragrance smelled. Such fragrance should not be paired with such different shades of black and white and gray.

"I don't care about my soulmate, I just want to see how beautiful they be." She muttered as she caressed the petals.

"You don't mean that." (M/n) gently placed a hand on the frustrated woman. "I'm sure you want to meet your soulmate as much as you want to see how color looks like."

"When... When would that be?" (Y/n) whipped her head as her (h/c) hair that she knew was a shade of gray swayed. "I want to draw. I want to draw with color. I can't always use pencils, charcoals, shades. I-I want to paint like how I see you by the art room when I couldn't sleep at night... A life so.. Monochrome."

"A little bit longer, my child." The mother pulled her daughter into a hug, forcing (Y/n) head into the crook of her neck and cradled her like she always did. "They will come." (M/n) kissed the crown of her head and combed her fingers through her hair. (Y/n)'s arms were limply on her sides, letting her mother baby her with the usual motherly coos.

~~~

"Scottie. You look depressing." (Y/n) sighed. "Hold that face, I'm going to have a memento." She suddenly chirped. Whipping out her phone and quickly snapping a photo of her Scottish friend.

"Yer so mean (N/n)." Allistor glared at the woman who stood in front of him. Though the action did not last long since he suddenly felt the tension on his eyes and upper head.

So imagine this. A grown man such as Allistor is laying flat on his stomach on the floor of his living room. His head cranked up in an angle that made his neck stiff for the next two hours. On the crown of his head was the middle of (Y/n)'s foot that forced him to keep his eyes on her. What gave her the courage to even force themselves in such a situation, she hardly had no idea. But what she knows is that she is his salvation since she holds the key to his life.

Literally.

Wrapped around her slender fingers is a key that opens the door to his cellar. Apparently the stock of liquor Allistor has in his pantry is already close to only one drop in a bottle. The Scottish man has pitched his pride to the other end of the Milky Way just to get a sip from his supplies. Not that it is overly explained dramatically, but this man can not go through an eventful day without starting it with his whiskey.