Chapter 3 - About Paris

When Zoey entered her house, she found her mother in the kitchen making macaroons for tea time. As she greeted her mom with a kiss on her cheek, she grabbed two delicious looking macaroons and passed one to her oldest sister who was sitting at the dinner table playing her phone.

"No thanks dude, too sweet for me," said Avery without taking her eyes off her phone. Shrugging, Zoey popped the macaroons into her mouth relishing their sweet taste.

When Zoey finished eating, she went to the kitchen to grab some water and to try and talk to her mother about the Paris trip.

"Hey mom, you won't believe what happened in school today! Our principal told us about this amazing program that's giving us the opportunity to travel to Paris for 5 days!" With an internally deep breath, Zoey gave her best puppy dog face. "Can I go?"

Laughing her mother ruffled her hair. "That does sound pretty great dear, but exactly how much is this amazing program?" She asked bemused before she took a drink of water.

"Err.... $500?"

Immediately her mother's large doe-like eyes grew as large as platters and spat out some water onto the carpet, leaving a dark wet stain.

Zoey cringed internally. Oops, she was afraid that this would happen.

"No, no, no. Absolutely not," her mother said firmly.

"Pleaseeeeee mom, this is the most important field trip for me. I promise that I'll do anything you want before and after when I get back from the trip... please mom. This means a lot to me." Zoey begged while giving her best puppy dog eyes.

Her mother groaned, "Ohhh very well, but you have to work hard and be on your best behavior Zoey. Or there will be no trip for you."

"Yippee!!!" Zoey cried out joyfully as she planted several kisses on her mother. "Thanks Mom! I love you!"

Dancing towards her room, she left her mom chuckling in the kitchen. "This is also considered to be your birthday present!" She heard her Mom yell down the hall. Zoey didn't care though, she was going to Paris! She couldn't wait to tell Chase.

Reaching her room, she grabbed her phone quickly from her desk and jumped on her bed. Flicking through her contact's list, she dialed Chase's name.

"Hello?"

"Chase, you won't believe this! I am actually going to Paris!" Zoey squealed excitedly. "How about you? Any luck on your side?"

"No way! Zoey, that's fantastic!" Chase cheered. Zoey smiled happily, but then realized that Chase hasn't answered her question yet. She felt her heart droop a little.

"Chase, are you going?"

There was a small almost inaudible sigh at the other end. "I'm afraid not Zoey, my parents wouldn't let me go, the fee is too expensive for them."

"What? No! You have to go! It's Paris! And I need my best friend with me!"

"I tried everything Zoey, begging, pleading, but they still wouldn't budge."

Thinking hard, Zoey came up with the only solution a 16 year old student could think of. "I know! Let me talk to your parents! I know that with both of us in the picture, they can't say no!"

Chase grew silent on the other end. He didn't think that it would work but, Zoey was a stubborn and persistent person, and once she got an idea into her head, not even a tsunami can stop her. He sighed, "I don't know Zoey, but we'll try."

"That's the spirit! We can do this! I'll see you tomorrow Chase! Bye now!" Ending the call with a beep, Zoey laid on her bed, her mind spinning like wheels. She will get Chase to Paris if it's the last thing she'll ever do.

A few days later, Zoey was on the way to the school library while reading her favorite book during free period. She loves to read books and was looking forward to finishing her current favorite called 'Wicked Lovely' by Melissa Marr in the wonderfully silent and comforting feel of the library.

Suddenly she hit something really hard and her book, which was right in front of her, smacked straight into her face. Yelping, Zoey fell in pain and rubbed her head.

"What on earth did I hit?" she wondered as she looked up in front of her straight into Jonathan's concerned face.

"Oh my gosh! I'm sorry I didn't see you there. Are you okay?" gasped Jonathan.

"Yeah, I think so. I just fell on my butt real hard," grumbled Zoey. Reaching out his hand, Jonathan helped Zoey up.