Chapter 5 - I Know This Wouldn't Happen... But Maybe It Will?

The next day, Zoey and her basketball team was playing a match together in the school hall after classed ended. Jonathan was walking by the hall when he saw them. After his conversation with Zoey at the library yesterday, Jonathan felt guilty and that he owed Zoey an apology.

When Zoey finished her game, the score for her team won with a 7 out of 5. Grabbing her stuff, Zoey noticed Jonathan near the main entrance and gave him a glare. Purposefully striding forward she barely gave Jonathan a glance as she walked out of the hall doors.

Jonathan followed her out quickly.

Noticing him, Zoey turned around and faced Jonathan, "Why are you following me?"

"I wanted to apologise to you for the other day."

Zoey looked up at him giving her best glare "I accept your apology but tell me what you are apologizing for," she asked stiffly.

"Well... I'm apologizing about what I said before about girls in the library, girls can play sports and I was being a sexist asshole about it."

"Well you definitely got it correct and yes you were an ass," Zoey folded her arms together.

They both stared at each other tense in an uncomfortable silence. "Well, this is awkward, so I'm going to go home now."

As she turned around to leave, Jonathan quickly said "Wait!"

Stopping, Zoey turned around to see Jonathan nervously walking towards her and whispered "W...Wi...will y...you go on a date with me?"

"What?" asked Zoey. She must be hearing things, he did not just actually.... "W...Wi...will you go on a date with me?!" Jonathan yelled.

Zoey surprised, stared at him speechless....