Chapter 19 - Graduation

Next week

It was time for graduation, the day that all high school drama is pushed aside or finished... for now, and students start to cry and miss their friends.

As her alarm clock rang out at exactly 7:00am, Zoey still laid in bed snoozing away, everything was happening so fast and the reality of it all had hit her so hard last night she found it difficult to fall asleep. Smacking the snooze button, Zoey snuggled back under the covers forgetting what day it was and returned to snoring away until her clock finally rang at 7:30am, waking her up properly. Looking at the clock, Zoey's eyes snapped wide open as she finally remembered the significance of that day.

"Oh SHITTT!!!!"

Jumping out up from her bed and running towards the bathroom, she quickly showered and brushed her teeth. 'Why on earth didnt my family freaking wake me up on time?' Zoey grumbled in her head as she frantically pulled on her clothes for graduation.

Running down the stairs screaming for her mom and Avery, Zoey saw a flash of white in the corner of her eye on the door. It was a note from her mother; 'Zoey, we are going to school first. We wanted to catch the best seats to see you."

Well that explains everything. Rushing out of the house and locking everything up, Zoey went straight to school.

Chase had looked around everywhere for Zoey, but to his exasperation, couldn't find her. He had no choice but to head over and stand in his position in the queue for the ceremony. It was starting in two minutes. Suddenly a loud shrieking pulled his attention from behind him.

"I'm here! I'm here!!" yelled Zoey as she came up behind him completely out of breath.

Chase haded her some water from his bottle. "Are you okay? Where have you been?"

After Zoey told him all about her morning, all Chase did was laugh. Typical Zoey. Finally, a song started to play on the speakers. The ceremony was about to begin.

After all the speeches were made and all the songs were sung, it was time for the students to retrieve their academic papers. Chase went up on stage first, Jonathan came up next and last but not least, Zoey. Zoey's family was the loudest in the hall that day, whooping and cheering for her like a bunch of crazy people, even though there was only two of them.

Once the principal had finally finished announcing the names of the students and had given them all their certificates, he at last declared, "Congratulations to all senior students of 2017, you're all finally graduates!!!"

The students cheered and tossed their hats into the air. It was the best feeling ever. Students were hugging each other and giving out their yearbooks to be signed. It was an amazing feeling of freedom, exhilaration and joy.

Throughout all the craziness, Chase and Zoey were able to find each other in the middle of the celebratory mob. Running towards each other, they hugged tightly.

"I can't believe we have already graduated!" said Zoey with excitement.

"Yeah, time flies by fast," said Chase with a big smile on his face.

Retrieving their yearbooks from the yearbook staff, Zoey and Chase flipped through them smiling. They saw their class pictures and when they flipped to the other pages, there was one page with a title
in bold that said "BEST COUPLES OF 2017". And right in the middle, were both Zoey and Chase. Looking at the page, Chase and Zoey glowed with love and pride. Looking at each other, they both shared a happy kiss.

Jonathan was flipping through the pages of his yearbook as well and saw the picture of Chase and Zoey. He felt his heart drop a little as he stared at the page. It still hurt. Suddenly he felt someone bump right into him making his drop his yearbook in surprise.

"Oh my gosh, I am so sorry. I'm a super clumsy person" said a girl while rubbing her head with the palm of her hand as she looked down embarrased.

"It's okay, I was distracted myself," said Jonathan smiling reassuringly as he picked up their books. Looking up to give her back her own book, Jonathan couldn't help but stop and stare. Right in front of him was the most beautiful girl he had ever seen. Her mouth was shaped into an adorable little pout, her eyes still looking slightly humiliated from their encounter, shone with a spark of mischief and fire, and there was just something about her that just, glowed.

Jonathan was still staring at the girl as she retrieved her yearbook from him when the girl looked straight at Jonathan and her eyes widened slightly.

It was love at first sight, "Hi," said the girl shyly as she tucked a strand of hazel brown hair away behind her ear.

"Hi," said Jonathan with a cheeky smirk on his face.

"My name's Emily. What's yours?" Emily asked as she gave him a smirk back and reaching out her hand for a shake.

"My name is Jonathan," he replied as he took her hand. To his surprise and interest, her handshake was strong and solid. A surprising contrast to her shy behaviour.

They two looked at each other with a big smile and began to chat a little. After a while, Emily had to go to her family but she wrote her number on Jonathan's yearbook and signed it while Jonathan did the same thing to Emily's yearbook.

After a few months later and lots of talking and hanging out, Jonathan and Emily finally started dating seriously. When Zoey heard about Jonathan and Emily being together, she felt happy for Jonathan and that he was able to move on and find someone else.