Chapter 15 - Prom?

Time flew by with days of sunshine and haven for the new couple, and all too soon Chase and Zoey were facing the final few days of high school and the date of prom. Everybody was excited and getting ready to vote for their prom queen and king.

All week, Chase and his friends hatched a plan to ask Zoey to prom. He thought long and hard about it. With the help of his friends, Chase was going to give her the most romantic surprise in class.

Finally, the day came. Chase was able to completely dissappear from Zoey's sight all morning, only reappearing during classes, before vanishing once again during recess, leaving a confused and bewildered Zoey whenever she went to look for him.

After recess, Zoey and her friends returned for class and sat down in their usual spot at the back of the classroom.

Class was starting real soon and Zoey still hasn't seen Chase anywhere, nearly the whole day. She frowned worriedly. Did something happen to him? Is he okay?

'Where are you?' Zoey texted Chase.

Suddenly the projector was switched on and the lights turned off. Her attention caught, Zoey lifted her head from her phone and looked directly at the front of the classroom where a picture of her and Chase was displayed on a screen pulled down over the whiteboard.

Zoey just stared at it in confusion until music by Ed Sheeran's "Everything Has Changed" began to play.

Zoey felt the corners of her mouth begin to lift into a small smile as she began to understand what was going on. The screen continued to show pictures and videos of all the moments the two had together. All the way from kindergarten, primary school, middle school to the present.

Walking out from the side of the darkened classroom, Chase gestured Zoey to join him at the front in front of the screen just as the screen ended the slideshow.

As she walked up towards him shyly with their classmates giggling all around them, Chase took Zoey's hand gently.

"Zo, Zoey. We've known each other for years now and in only a few weeks time we will be graduating. First you were my friend, then you became my best friend, and now you are my girlfriend. So Zoey, next Friday, will you be my date to the prom?"

Taking a deep breath and smiling widely Zoey simply said, "Yes".

With smiles as wide as the world, Chase and Zoey hugged each other tightly and Chase handed her a purple rose. Awed and a little swooned, Zoey gently kissed Chase on the cheek before a smiling Chase left the classroom and Zoey returned to her seat blushing like crazy.

Everybody couldn't stop talking about Zoey and Chase that day and how cute their prom proposal was.