The Sudden Realisation

CHAPTER 2

The detective closed his eyes, enhancing his visual memory. It was if he was there again; at the top of St. Bart's Hospital.  A phone in his hand and a doctor in his sight. There was something that Sherlock missed though, something that was hidden by his blinding anxiety and rush of adrenaline. What the detective had missed was John's face and his tone of voice. Now as the man recalled it, John seemed so...different. His shaky voice consisted of pure desperation; his face, full of worry and something that the great Sherlock Holmes couldn't decipher. He had seen John in stressful situations, either due to money problems or being in life threatening situations, so this hidden emotion was not completely related to stress alone, it couldn't be. The detective sat there for 5 minutes, accessing his mind palace; and then, all at once, everything became clear. John's face before the fall was almost the same as when he saw Sarah during her near death experience; except, his face was a lot less intense, there was very little expression in his eyes then, in comparison to the fall. It was more in relation to Irene Adler's face, when Sherlock had confronted her, cracked her password, proven her love for him and then walked out on her. This was too much for him to take in. The army doctor's face, revealed his broken heart...