The Shopping Trip

Days had passed since the announcement of Sherlock’s ‘resurrection’ and naturally, the man was high in demand. The couple in 221B were constantly harassed by the constant knocks on their door by fans and a flood of letters by the media on the hunt for an interview. Sherlock and his doctor were getting extremely frustrated due to their lack of privacy.

John’s face popped up from the top of the novel he was reading. “Sherlock, you need to give in.”

“Why should I?” The detective objected.

“Because we’re out of milk. I can barely get out of the front door without being caught in a swarm of your little fans! Just do one. One interview and they will go.”

Sherlock slumped into his chair and closed his eyes. “Uh, effort.”

The doctor dropped his book and quietly crouched in front of Sherlock’s armchair. “Sherlock,” the man himself opened his eyes, rather startled to find John’s face inches from his. “Please.” John whispered.

In response, Sherlock’s eyes narrowed and John could clearly see a flurry of thoughts whirling around the detective’s brilliant mind. Sherlock’s eyes suddenly sparkled; a glint of mischief shone through them. “Fine.” He finally replied.

John stared in astonishment “really?”

“I won’t do an interview, but we will go shopping together.”

The doctor suddenly became confused. “But you never go shopping.”

A smile grew on Sherlock’s lips; he swung his legs over the crouching doctor and then jumped off the side of the armchair before retrieving his overcoat and scarf off the door and wrapping them both around him. “I do now.”

After fighting their way through the manipulate media, the consulting duo entered the shop.

“I need nicotine patches, John.”

“I bought you some a couple of days ago.”

“I need more.”

John sighed as he scanned the medical isle in search for the specific brand of nicotine patches that Sherlock always uses; that is, until he felt the brush of a cool hand at the bottom of his neck. This cool sensation slowly-but gently- ran up his neck until it reached the nape of it, resulting in shivers as shocking as lightning running through John's spine.

“Sh-Sherlock.” A short, sharp breath escaped John’s mouth, his breathing becoming very uneven.

“Mmm?”

“What are you…urm” The doctor’s mind suddenly turned blank and vacant, A flood of words were spinning out of control in his mind, making it difficult for him to find the right ones to say. “What are you doi-”

His words were ceased by strong yet firm arms gripping him at the shoulders and quickly spinning him away from the trolley to meet a familiar pair of manipulative eyes.

“Are you okay, John?” The detective asked; a look of seduction was spread across his face. His eyes were full of lust. “You look a bit…tense.” His deep voice became even deeper, close to a whisper.

Something was extracted from John’s mind (which currently resembled a centrifuge). It was a sudden need for Sherlock; the doctor yearned for the contact of the raven haired, pale faced man in front of him, and so in response, John grabbed Sherlock by the collar and hastily pulled him close. Disappointment ran through John though, as instead of warm, moist lips, he felt a slender finger meet his mouth.

“I wouldn’t do that, John,” The man looked up in confusion; he had the eyes of a lost puppy. “You’ll lose.”

Understanding washed away John’s look of confusion. “Oh, I see…” John smiled, “Don’t worry, Sherlock, I won’t lose.”

“Oh really?” The detective’s voice consisted of sarcasm, “Because I think you nearly just did.”

“Well being the sneaky arse you are, you didn’t tell me the rules did you? Just you wait, Holmes, soon you’ll be on your knees begging for me to kiss you.”

“Would that be the only reason I will be on my knees…captain?” The man’s voice was once again reduced to a deep whisper and with that he gave the now blushing John a rare mischievous wink that resulted in his heart fluttering, his knees weakening and his mind becoming cloudy.

“I think I should pay for the shopping, John. We wouldn’t want another replay of you shouting abuse at the chip and pin machine.” Sherlock tried to hide his smirk behind his scarf.

“I thought we were never going to speak of it again!” John chuckled “It wasn’t even my fault anyway, it was this blasted contraption; it never works.”

“Oh really?”  Sherlock looked intrigued as he approached the self check out machine.

“Yes, in fact, maybe I should do it since I don’t think you’ve ever used it before and they can sometimes be quite stubborn to-“

“Thank you for your purchase.” Sounded a female robotic voice from the self check out machine.

Sherlock turned to John with a rather smug grin plastered on his face. “You were saying?”

“Beginners luck.” John remarked as the couple exited the shop, bags in hand.