The Job Offer...

Sherlock's violin playing was interrupted with the sound of John groaning. The detective turned from the window to observe John; messy hair, dull puffy eyes and a dressing gown wrapped around him revealed that he had just awoke.

Sherlock masked his smile by placing the violin back under his chin and continued to play

"Do you want a cup of tea?" John asks, admiring the music coming from the talented man in  front of him.

"If you wouldn't mind." Replied a quiet voice, "So what's wrong?"

"Hm?"

"Well you clearly had a restless sleep."

"Oh, yeah well..." The doctor's sentence trailed off.

"John?"

John threw himself into his chair letting out a deep sigh. "Listen, I'm sorry but...well it turns out I have an offer to go to Ireland for a month."

"By who?" Sherlock's voice suddenly became tense.

"A medical school; somewhere northern." John stood up and slowly stepped towards Sherlock. "Thanks to your fame I've been recognised, I've been asked to train medical students." Sherlock listened silently, staring at the doctor; observing his every detail, watching his every movement. "Yeah I'm not sure I'm going to take the offer though."

"Why?"

"Well as much as a great opportunity it is and we need the money from it, I don't want to leave you..."

"There's no way of me coming with you?"

The blond shook his head, "The rooms, food and water is limited. I've already asked Sherlock, I'm sorry." Sherlock nodded in response, still drinking up the doctor with his icy eyes which were now beginning to melt. He was tearing up. "But don't worry," John continued, "I'm not going to take it, I couldn't do th-" The doctor's speech was cut off with warm, moist lips against his own, the pressure was soft; delicate. John's strength completely dissipated into the floor beneath him as the detective's mouth was experimenting with his; the blond struggled to keep himself up. Sherlock detected this by the limp body he was now holding, despite the strong kiss that was being returned, and so he pushed John into his armchair and wrapped his legs around his doctor's waist; not separating their lips in the process. The detective didn't do this for lust, he needed John. The couple continued to experiment, to search one another until they began to lack in oxygen, resulting in Sherlock creating a gap between them, gasping breathlessly; leaving a very disappointed John beneath him. They sat there for what seemed like hours, waiting for their breathing to regulate as they listened to the strong, fast heartbeats that filled the silent room.

Eventually, the detective placed his forehead on John's. "Take the offer, you idiot."

John looked into his eyes, confused. "What?"

"You heard me." Replied a voice which consisted of pain.

"I can't leave you, Sherlock."

"When are you going to get this opportunity again? It's a good experience, it's good money and I can clearly tell that you want to go."

"I do want to go," John confirmed, "but not without you."

"Listen, Lestrade's offered me a case this morning while you were asleep, it requires a fair bit of travel, you wouldn't see much of me, even if you had, well...you know what I'm like when I'm in my mind palace, anti-social and irritable. You should take a break from my behaviour and enjoy yourself, it's the best time to do it in fact."

"Sherlock, I can't do-"

"Oh for goodness sake, John take the opportunity! Please? Do it. For me." John remained quiet "We need the money anyway," Sherlock struggled a weak smile, "when are you supposed to leave?"

"If I accept-"

"When you accept."

"I would leave in 2 days."

Sadness quickly flashed through the detective's eyes before he masked it with a cheeky smile. "Well, doctor, I think you need to make up for the time you're gone."

"Oh do I now?" John replied, returning the smile.

"Yes, and that's an order." Sherlock's voice was deep and seductive; before he could reply, John had his head cupped in slender pale hands as the detective began to kiss him passionately.