Chapter 5: what's with mikey

Donnie's pov

It's been a week since Mikey was captured by the kraang. He's been very sneaky lately. Mikey is still the light of the family but something tells me theirs something wrong with him.

It's almost time for bed and I still need to find a cure. Leo came in and talked to me.

" Donnie you can work on that tomorrow. You need rest."

" Fine Leo." as I trudged through the lab and to my room.

I laid down for at least two hours. Everyone was asleep. As I saw a chance to get to the lab I saw mikey.
He's in his serpant form, but what is he doing?

Looks like he's going up top and that's where I'm going. I'm worried for my lil brother. I wounder what he's up to at this hour in the city?

Mikey's pov

Every night I go up top to the TCRI building. I've grown somewhat smarter. I'm not smarter than my bro donnie tho. So I snuck out of the lair and went top side.

The air felt cool against my scaly skin. I've changed into this form because it's more easy to bend further than my original form.

I know that Donnie thinks that theirs something wrong with me. To be honest their isn't anything wrong with me. I come out here to get info on what that mutagen was.

Donnie hasn't stopped working on the cure for years. I can't bare to see him like this. It's my fault for what happened. If only I have listened to Donnie none of this would have happened.

Donnie's pov

Mikey was just sitting there. It looks like he is thinking about something. I don't know what it is but I'm going to find out.

suddenly Mikey stood up and slithered towards....tcri!? Why would he go there?? I got up and ran behind him. He didn't notice me because I was in the shadows. Mikey kept going and then he jumped into an opening of the building. Wow he's flexible. I looked for a different way to get in.

Mikey was below me searching things on the kraang computer. I wonder why. Next thing I knew he was looking up the mutagen 2.0! Why tho?
I paid closer attention to what exactly he was doing with the info. Mikey took a picture and went off. I was amazed at what my lil brother did.

He returned to the lair as I did. Before he could catch me I ran to my room. Mikey came towards my door and opened it. I closed my eyes hoping he'd fall for it. He said something while he stood by my bed, looking at me.

" It's not your fault Don. It's my fault. If only I had listen to you, none of this would have happened."
He paused and then kept going.

" I know you are sleeping, and you can't here me. I'm just going to give you the formula for turning me back."

Then mikey walks off with nothing else to say. I cried silently saying to myself " It's not your fault mikey. "

Mikey's pov

After I said that I turned to my normal form. Donnie is my brother and I didn't want him to suffer because of me. I got him the formula, but it has taken two weeks to get all of it.

It's not your fault donnie I said silently to myself. I cried myself to sleep.

This is kids short. If any suggestions you know what to do.