Chapter 02

Chapter 02

Melissa gasped as she glared at Sherlock. Her long day has gone from shit to full blown diarrhea but she nearly laughed as she smelled the stench of the beer that she had dumped on him earlier. 'Good job, Mel,' she silently congratulated herself.

"Put your arms back on your head!" She ordered and the man complied, eyes wider than pool balls. "What the hell are you doing here?" Melissa hissed.

"This is my house! What the hell are you doing here?" He countered.

She gasped in shock. "You're Ryan Maynard?"

He smirked as he dropped his hands to his sides and hopped up on his kitchen table. "In the flesh. Why were you expecting something different?"

"Well yeah... Maybe someone who was like not a douche bag..."

He sighed. "Well I'm sorry not to live up to your expectations but you're not exactly the woman I wanted to see waiting at home for me," he said, honestly surprised and confused. After the little stunt she pulled at the bar, he was furious. "Wait what are you doing here? Are you stalking me?"

She laughed a bitter laugh. "No way in hell. Unfortunately, I'm your new body guard,"

A look of confusion swept across his beautiful features. "Body guard?"

"Yes. Body. Guard," Melissa said slowly as if she was talking to a preschooler.

The blank look stayed on his face. "Body guard?" He repeated once more.

She groaned. "Yes, body guard! Are you hard of hearing or something? How the hell am I supposed to keep someone as stupid as you safe from harm? You're probably more of a danger to yourself than the one threatening to kill you!"

His lips pressed into a hard line. "Why didn't anyone tell me I'd have the biggest bitch on the planet living with me?"

"Trust me, I'm not too thrilled about this either,"

"Don't lie to yourself, doll," he said. "So we'll be living together?" He asked.

"Yeah," she said in a disappointed tone.

"Of course. Just my luck," he mumbled.

"What the hell does that mean?" She snapped.

"Well I get a female body guard and of course she's the the one girl I would love nothing more than to see fall down a well and break her neck,"

"Wow, you really are quite the charmer," She was getting angry now. "It's not like I want to be here babysitting some narcissistic man whore who probably has more STD's than brain cells," she said, putting her hands on her hips and glaring at Ryan.

He glared back. "Are you even qualified?"

She chuckled humorlessly. "If I remember correctly, you were the one on your ass mere seconds ago,"

They exchanged some glares but Ryan remembered something. He was going to be living with this girl for a few weeks. Swallowing his desire to slap the shit out of this girl, he decided he should try to be nice to her.

"So what's your name?" he asked politely.

"I don't see why that's any of your business,"

So much for trying to be nice to her. "Well for all I know, you could just be some random, crazy fan that's in love with me,"

She snorted. "Ryan, trust me, I wouldn't be here if my career didn't require it. I'd be more than happy to leave but I'm the only one my chief trusted for the job of watching over world's biggest jerk," she told him as she leaned back and accidentally hit the sink faucet. Water sprouted from it. So that's how you turned it on...