Chapter 3

"Yuu-chan~!" Reika said sweetly while wrapping her arms around his neck. A little boy the same age as her smiled but his face was blurry, she not being able to make out any features.

She pecked him on the cheek making him blush and look away. Reika giggled before lacing their hands together, walking off into the distance.

Reika woke up from her dream. She's been having flashbacks of this boy now, ever since she met Mika. It was like he made her see the happiness she experienced before she became a vampire. Being with Mika was the only thing that kept her sane in this world. It was nice to have pleasant dreams than the nightmares she was used too.

She got out of the bed, sauntering over to the door with a smile dancing on her lips. She was going to meet up with Mika outside like they usually did. Just thinking about him made her feeling warm and fuzzy inside.

"You seem happy," Ferid appeared before her, instantly souring his mood. She made a move to walk around him but he stepped in front of her, blocking the exit. She sighed in annoyance, glaring up at him through her lashes.

"Is that a crime?" She snapped, placing her hand on her hip in a bitchy manor. He just looked down at her with an amused look, like he was enjoying this.

Not wanting to ruin her good mood, she shoved him out of the way before leaving. Ferid was left alone in the room, chuckling quietly. His voice held sarcasm as he spoke to himself, "Good talk, Reika."

The girl practically ran outside, looking around, trying to locate the blonde haired vampire. He was found lying on the grass, closing his eyes, looking so peaceful. Reika walked towards him quietly before she was looming over him.

"Boo!" Mika snapped his eyes open and said, scaring her. She gasped and fell backwards, startled. He caught her before she could fall, his arm wrapping around her waist.

"Well, good morning to you too," she pouted. "You gave me quite the scare."

"Sorry," he smiled.

They finally took notice in their positions. Mika instantly unwrapped his arm around her and took a step back, scratching the back of his neck awkwardly. Reika dusted the dirt off her dress, concealing the blush on her cheeks with her hair.

"Let's take a stroll, shall we?" She questioned, holding her arm out for him to take. He nodded and hooked their arms together, starting their walk around the castle.

They talked for what seemed for hours. They talked about their past, their present, what they wanted for the future. They complained and complimented, talking about random things. People that saw them could practically see their happy atmosphere. It wasn't common to see that kind of thing here anymore.

"Mika, why do you stay with the vampires if you hate them?" She asked curiously.

He replied, "I am going to save someone from the humans. He is my family."

"What is he like?"

"He is stubborn, short tempered but deep down he is nice. We sometimes fought but at the very end, we are family. There was no way we could stay mad at each other," Mika spoke with a soft smile gracing his lips but sadness was evident in his eyes, liked he missed him.

At the back of her mind, Reika felt like someone in her life was just like that. The little boy in her dreams appeared in her mind. The dreams she was having recently revealed that they loved each other but Reika had her doubts, thinking it was nothing more than childish foolishness. She subconsciously fiddled with her bracelet, the only thing that was left of the mysterious boy in the past.