Chapter 11

It had been days since Mika had seen Reika. He knew she was hurting so chose to leave her alone. But he was too.

Today, all the vampires were buzzing in excitement, the upcoming battle causing this. Mika couldn't help but to be as well, hoping he will finally find Yuu and rescue him from the humans. He remembered when Reika promised to help him yet she was nowhere in sight, still locked in her and Ferid's room.

Thinking enough is enough, he decided to tell her the news. He walked towards their room, seeing the door come nearer and nearer. But then he stopped dead in his tracks, catching whiff of what lay inside.

He smelt blood. And a lot of it.

He covered his nose, clenching his teeth as the lust for the substance hit him hard. His eyes flashed red for a moment but quickly subsided once he gained control. He didn't want to go in but Reika was in there.

Without another thought, he shoved opened the door.

"Reika, what's going-"

He froze, cutting himself off. What he saw in front of him made his eyes widen in shock.

There was a child on the ground, unconscious, blood seeping from the bite mark on its neck. The child was alive but barely, almost as pale as a sheet of paper. Ferid was leaning against the wall, watching the scene in amusement, almost a proud look in his eyes. Then there was Reika.

Her fangs were buried in the neck of another child, taking too much of what the little human could handle. Her eyes were red, the usual blue eyes gone. She almost looked like a hungry beast not having been fed in days. She looked up, hearing the sound of the door creak. She saw Mika and stood up, dropping the child's body like a rag doll, licking her lips, savoring the taste of blood.

"Like what you see?" she asked, a wicked smile on her face, watching him snap out of shock.

He snapped, "what the hell are you doing?"

"Being a vampire. After all, that is what we are," her usual gentle voice was gone, replaced with a sly and seductive one, almost resembling the call of a succubus.

He turned to the noble, stepping towards him with a menacing look, "what did you do to her?"

Ferid's lips curled into a smirk, "I just showed her the true meaning of being what she really is."

"What does that mean?" Mika demanded.

"Vampires can turn off their emotions. No remorse, no feelings. I simply showed her how, she did the rest," the noble stated, eyeing his handy work like an art piece, an imperious glint in his eyes.

"How do you turn it back on?" the blonde vampire questioned.

"You can't," Reika stepped in, walking towards him, the scent of blood strong on her clothing as she went. She stopped as she stood right in front of him, staring at his horrified face with a satisfied grin, "Only I can. And there's no way in hell I am going to do that."

"Please, Reika, this isn't you. You never wanted to become a monster. This isn't you at all," Mika pleaded, gripping her shoulders, as if to snap her back to her senses.

Reika jerked away from his grip, glaring at him with her evil tinted eyes as she spoke venomously, "The old me didn't know what it's like to be like this. Free. Free from anything! I was weak and pathetic, getting stabbed repeatedly and the pain became unbearable. I am free, Mika. This is what I've always wanted."

She walked towards the body on the floor, lifting the child up like it was nothing. She glided her finger across the blood seeping from its neck, a sinister look on her face as she showed Mika the red substance. He could feel the hunger hit him hard. He grunted, trying to hold the beast inside of him back but couldn't take his eyes off the blood.