Chapter 4

"That one looks like a horse," Mika pointed up into the clouds. 

Reika shook her head, "Nah, it looks more like a monkey."

"You look like a monkey," the blonde headed vampire muttered angrily under his breath, crossing his arms and huffing immaturely. They have been outside since morning, just guessing what the clouds look like, having nothing better to do. Passerbyers couldn't help but glance at them, practically feeling their happy atmosphere.

The girl snapped her venomous eyes towards the boy who was whistling innocently, hearing his comment clear as day thanks to her enhanced hearing. 

"Excuse me?"

"Uhh- I mean-" Mika stuttered as she got closer to his face, glaring him down with piercing blue eyes. 

"I know you did not call me a monkey. Because if you did, I will knock those fangs so hard that they will fall off and you will choke on them and die slowly and painfully and I will just watch from a distance, thanking karma for being so kind," Reika threatened, so close to him that their noses were touching. 

Mika just stared at her with wide eyes. 

"So, my dear friend, did you call me a monkey?" She smiled, her voice coated in sweetness. 

The frightened boy shook his head no rapidly, "No ma'am."

Reika gazed into his eyes full of fear before bursting out laughing. Mika stared at the girl in confusion as she was practically gaping and holding her stomach, struggling to breathe in between giggles. 

"Oh my gawd! That was priceless!" She laughed, tears burning at the corner of her eyes, "You even said 'yes ma'am'. You should have seen the look on your face, Mika! Ha! Oh my- I can't even breath – Heehee!"

"Haha, very funny," Mika rolled his eyes, his voice dripping with sarcasm. Reika finally got herself to stop laughing after a while and looked up at him. He looked away angrily. 

"Come on," she drawled, "You can't stay mad at me forever." 

He sighed and looked at her. She had ensnared him with her kind words and actions and he felt like this girl was someone he couldn't let go. He stared at her angel like face and thought about how she had changed him. He was scared of losing another family member and couldn't stand the thought of losing her. But was she really just a mere family member to him?

His lips tugged into a grim smile, "You're right. I can't."

~*~

It was night. The day had passed by before they knew it. The stars shone through the night, illuminating the whole city. 

Reika looked up into the sky and closed her eyes, the chilly breeze brushing through her hair. Mika wondered what she was doing as she opened her eyes, a happy look at her face as she gazed upwards. 

"The stars are so bright tonight," the blonde vampire stated, leaning on the rusty railing in front of them. They were near the children's home, wanting to make sure they got home alright. Vampires could attack one of them and they wanted to make sure this night would stay peaceful. 

"My mother used to say that stars and constellation was a map for loss souls, guiding them to heaven," Reika said softly, remembering her mother's death. 

Mika glanced towards her, noticing the sad look in her eyes as she spoke of her parents. His hand was soon found patting her head, comforting the girl beside him. Reika smiled at his touch and rested her head on his arm. He stiffened slightly but soon relaxed, the only thing showing he was nervous was his pink cheeks.