Chapter 15

Rey was running late to the car. She wasn't sure how to do her hair. A groan escaped me. "Come on. Let's go before Kylo loses it!" I told her. Angry Kylo was someone not to mess with. I've only had him be mad at me once. It was awful.

"Do I look okay? It was just Finn said there was a culture where men buy girls drinks, food and get them stuffed animals at amusement parks. I want a stuffed polar bear. How cute would that be?"

"You're seriously checking yourself out in the mirror this long based on your want for a stuffed polar bear?"

"Yes. We have to engage in culture. Plus it will annoy the hell of Poe if I get more than him. He's going tomorrow with Finn but he's going to act single. I told him he couldn't get as many polar bears as me!"

"How do you know there's going to be stuffed polar bears there."

"Apparently they had them last year! Come on everyone goes home in two weeks. It's time we started having a little bit of competition."

"Competition?"

"You know... fun activities?"

"Are you drunk again?"

"No. I'm trying to reach a positive mood."

"Ah I see. You're high again." I remarked.

"No. I just really want a polar bear!"

"Rey. You're going to the zoo with your dad soon! I'm sure they'll be selling all sorts of stuffed animals there. Just bat your eyelashes and point and pout."

"But then Poe is going to win. I'm not going to let that happen. Besides I complimented him the other night... bit embarrassed."

"You've not lived at this school unless you've inadvertently told Poe he's hot. He's Poe Dameron."

Silence for a moment.

"wait a minute is that you anit-flirt with men. You try to beat them at things to resolve...."

"It's not like that at all."

"Then what is it like..."

"Well it is like that. If you're awkward and say someone is handsome.... they actually think you think that and you're coming on to them. If you're someone who is daring and adventurous and say maybe uses other men and compliments them... then it might not seem that way. It might just make you seem... like you're treating them like little pieces of eye candy that you look at, have a quick moment of admiration and walk away from."

"Plausible my dear and it could happen just like that if it were not for that fact that you're so awkward."

"Oh well that is true." Rey replied and nodded.

"Besides Poe knows you were just channeling."

"Channeling. What are you talking about?" Rey asked.

"Your feelings for a certain Jacob? I know he sent you the wine. I know you've been checking Poe's mail box secretly in case he's sent you another letter. I know you hide that laptop under your bed."

"Before I had you. I had another sort of best friend. Circumstance as it always did seperated us. But that doesn't mean I don't worry. I don't know where he is or what he's doing. I really don't. At least I know where you are. If you were missing I couldn't bear it."

"Yeah okay but you want to smooch him."

"I do not want to smooch him." Rey replied.

"He wants to smooch you."

"Remember what I said about window shopping pieces of eye candy that you walk away from after moments of admiration.... That's what Jacob does. He flirted with you because he knew he couldn't have you. That and he likes to make people's day, it leaves his ego being elevated. I don't want a boyfriend Amethyst. And I certainly wouldn't pick Jacob to be that."