Chapter 4

Niall POV

I woke with a start, the sun hitting my pale skin. I could feel the sweat layered over my skin, sweat from the sun, but also, sweat from my reoccurring nightmare. Something I definitely didn't want to talk about. I hopped out of bed, knowing that Zayn and Harry weren't going to wake me up like they used to do. I brushed my teeth, and then had a shower, singing to myself as usual.

And as long as I got my suit and tie 

I'ma leave it all on the floor tonight 

And you got fixed up to the nines 

Let me show you a few things 

All pressed up in black and white 

And you're dressed in that dress I like 

Love is swinging in the air tonight 

Let me show you a few things 

Show you a few things about love

After finishing my shower, I got dressed, into my jeans and a green t-shirt, a baseball cap on my blonde head, and went to the kitchen, where Liam was making some toast. Harry was still asleep, Zayn eating, or more like, playing with his porridge. Upon seeing me, Zayn's face lit up, making me smile widely.

"NI NI EAT EAT!" Zayn shouted happily, flapping his arms up and down.

"Yeah buddy, I will, calm down" I replied, laughing at Zayn's antics. 

 "Morning, what would you like on your toast?" Liam asked, as he took the toast out of the toaster.

"Jam please" I replied.

Since yesterday at the park, I had started to actually like Louis, from his revelation that he loved me, which felt nice. No one had ever told me they loved me before, certainly not my parents. I definitely didn't completely trust them yet, but I felt comfortable, a little bit loved as well. But I still wasn't sure about Liam, he seemed too good to be true, and we hadn't really ever discussed anything important. But I decided that I had to give it a chance, if my brothers trusted him, I had to try to.

"Li Li, want bwead" Zayn said, making grabby hands at the pieces of bread in Liam's hand.

"No baby, you've got your porridge, isn't it yummy" Liam asked, tickling Zayn's stomach. Zayn pouted, putting his chin against his high chair. I chuckled to myself, knowing what would happen.

"Zaynie, don't look at me like that, you've got your breakfast" Liam moaned, turning away from Zayn. He also had a look of pain on his face as he was looking at Zayn. I wondered why.

"Food yucky, want bwead, want big boy food, Zaynie big boy" Zayn huffed. Liam looked at me pleadingly, making me smirk. I was glad that I still had the magic touch with Zayn.

"Zayn, aren't you a good boy, because big boy's eat the food they are given" I cooed, stroking Zayn's soft cheek. Zayn bit his lip, nodding his head.

"Sowwy Li, Zaynie good boy" Zayn muttered, going back to playing with his breakfast. I went and sat next to him, picking up his spoon and feeding him his breakfast. It felt like old times, and it was a nice feeling. Being needed. I loved Zayn and Harry more than anything, and it was nice that they needed me too. Liam placed my plate with toast on the table beside me.

"I'm going to go and wake Harry up, he's being a bit of a sleepyhead" Liam said, ruffling Zayn's hair and smiling at me, before going to Harry's room.