Chapter 6a

Louis POV

I woke up to the alarm ringing loudly near my ear. I groaned, rubbing my eyes tiredly. I'd set the alarm really early so that we wouldn't have to rush getting dressed. The butterflies I'd gotten yesterday started coming back, but today, they were even worse. Today was Harry and Niall's first day at their new school. Harry would be starting Reception and Niall would be in year 4. I looked beside me to see my sleeping husband laying peacefully beside me, his chest rising up and down. I pushed a piece of his hair that was falling in front of his face back. I felt a little more relaxed knowing that Liam was with me through everything, that we were in this together. I was wondering how Liam didn't wake up from the alarm.

I got up, stretching my arms and softly padded to the bathroom to get dressed quickly before waking the kids. After dressing, I went to Zayn and Harry's room. Harry was fast asleep, cute little snores erupting for him. Zayn was wide awake, and as I looked at him, his hazel eyes gazed at me, a smile forming on his face upon seeing me, making my heart burst.

"Morning baby, you up already?" I asked, as I picked Zayn up, and kissed his forehead softly. He just leaned his head in the crook of my neck. I got him dressed as well into a blue stripy t-shirt and denim jeans, with cute little blue trainers to match and I put his favourite leather jacket on top. What can I say, I want my baby to look his best. I looked at Harry's sleeping form, deciding that he would probably be moody if I let Zayn wake him up.

"Do you want to wake your brother up?" I asked. He nodded his head adamantly, causing me to chuckle. As we started to leave the room, Zayn started making grabby hands towards Harry.

"No, we'll let sleeping beauty have his rest for a little longer, let's wake Niall up" I said.

"Wake Ni Ni" Zayn said excitedly. I groaned at his excitement at this time of hour yet I couldn't help but coo. We got to Niall's room and I put him down, watching as he waddled up to Niall's bed, attempting to climb up the bed. I was about to go help him up, but then he finally managed to get up after many attempts. That's my boy. He leaped on top of Niall, putting his mouth to Niall's ear. I walked closer into the room and heard Zayn.

"Ni Ni wakey time, bekfast time" Zayn said, mispronouncing some of his words as usual. Niall groaned, turning away. Zayn didn't accept this, and he started jumping on top of Niall's body, making me chuckle. Niall finally sat up, before looking up at Zayn, eyes squinted.

"What are you doing here this early?" Niall asked, groggily.

"Wake Ni up, no sleep, up" Zayn replied, leaning his head against Niall's shoulder.

"You little rascal" Niall said, before picking Zayn up and lifting him in the air, causing giggles to erupt from Zayn himself. Niall got out of bed, Zayn in his arms. Upon seeing me, he smiled at me, to which I returned with a knowing look. I knew Zayn coming to wake him up would cheer him up.

"School today, right?" Niall said, with a sigh. I nodded. His smile faded.

"Don't worry, it's going to be great, I've laid out your uniform that we bought yesterday, do you need any help?" I asked. He shook his head.

"Okay sweetie, I'll see you in the kitchen, don't be long" I said, before taking Zayn out of his arms and heading to mine and Liam's room where I whispered in Zayn's ear, telling him to wake Liam up. I left him there and went to Harry's room. Harry was still asleep. I gently shook him, causing Harry to open his eyes widely.

"Morning honey" I said. He smiled in return, dimples popping out. He made grabby hands at me, so I picked him up and took him to go and get dressed. I put on his uniform of a blue shirt, blue tie and black trousers. I felt a sense of pride looking at Harry. My little boy was going to school. I started doing his hair, trying to put his curls to one side, so it wouldn't get in his way, until Niall came into the room, a look of horror on his face.