0.2

Jin

Everyone seemed to be awfully quiet comparing to their usual selves. Hanging out at our usual hideaway, behind an abandoned building in the suburbs of the city, we made a small fire and brought the uninhibited sofas around it. 

To my right, Hobi was sitting on the same couch as I was, eating pretzels while I would steal some from the bag every once in a while. To my left, Yoongi was entertaining himself with a lighter while Jungkookie laid on his lap. Namjoon joked around with Jimin, and Tae just sat there silently, starting at the flames slowly consuming the wood. 

As silence slowly haunted us with melancholy, I found a Polaroid picture in my pocket, the picture of one of our favorite places to relax. I showed it to Hoseok, asking him if we should go there, and he agreed enthusiastically, since it has been forever last time we went there. I couldn't help but look at Taehyung, so I asked for his opinion as well, in which he quietly nodded.

And so, I drove through the highway that guided us towards the shore, speeding when I had the chance, so that we wouldn't miss the sun setting. As I drove into the sand, the crazy idiots wouldn't stop screaming in hysterics, as if they were in some sort of rollercoaster ride. It was rather amusing. 

Once I parked on an isolated area by the sea, everyone jumped out of the pick-up truck and ran carelessly towards the water. We goofed around, played with sand, some of us got soaked... I'm surprised my camera didn't get damaged by all the water it got splashed on.

Eventually, we got on the truck to watch the beautiful sunset falling upon us. The absence of noise was haunting us once again, but it was a ritual we would always do each time we visited this spot. None of us would speak, all we would do is admire the work of nature. 

That same night, I drove us back into the city and made a little rest stop at the gas station where Namjoon works to fill up the tank. I felt strange, because I was not exactly aware of where I was. Yet, I had the knowledge Namjoon had a job at that station. He volunteered on doing the job so I just stayed put on the driver's seat. Only silence keeping me company as the others where resting in the back. 

Namjoon got close to my window as the tank was getting filled, and before I can bring up a topic of conversation, he asked for the Polaroid camera he found earlier below the passenger's seat.

He checked it out, immediately noticing that it still had some unused Polaroid sheets remaining. Without notice, he pointed it at me. "One, two..."

I felt Yoongi's presence behind me, ready to photobomb the photo, he tends to do that a lot.

Namjoon finished up with his photograph session and returned to the passenger's seat. He gave us a glance of the picture he just took one last time before placing it in the compartment, so it wouldn't get lost. 

Instead of going back to the hideaway, I went the other way towards the bay, which was closer. I was quite tired and the others were already sounding asleep. Stopping by there to rest wasn't going to be a bad idea.

--- 

The next morning, we were woken up with loud thuds against the windows caused by Yoongi and Jungkook, a peculiar view to see since they are usually the late risers. 

They mentioned of the beginning of the sun rising, so they made the rest of us get out and perch together on a small deck. The weather was magnificent, the waves calmly crashed against the deck right below where we were sitting. Something felt strange for a moment, and my intuition was correct as I noticed Taehyung wasn't with us anymore.