1.8

Jesse

Maybe God has heard me this one time.

At first, my skin makes contact with his body, and by 'body' I don't mean a cold steam of supernatural matter, but actual solid human flesh covered in cloth fabric. 

It starts off warmly like a regular embrace, but in only few seconds it changes to freezing cold drastically. I don't notice it at first due to the shock blocking my mind, but eventually I feel my exposed cheek, hands, and arms burning from his soul's ice cold temperature. Something suddenly sparks. "Shit!"

I quickly wince back from the burning sensation. Seokjin quickly turns around to check on me, his face also expresses pure astonishment.

"Did you just touch me?" He asks, pointing his back.

"Did you feel that?" I ask him while rubbing my cheek. 

"Did you feel that?" He reciprocates the statement, and I nod warily. He rubs the back of his neck, walking back and forth to try and make sense on what just happened. "This is fucking crazy."

"Has it happened to you before?" I get up from the ground, shaking off any snow residue from my clothes. 

"Never, usually people don't see me and past right through me." He stops pacing, his dark eyes pierce towards my direction. "Who are you?"

"Jessabelle Carter Lee. Nice to meet you." I say out of impulse, happens when I'm nervous. He plays along and grabs my hand to shake, and it happens again, another spark that shocks the both of us. "What the fuck?!" 

"This has to mean something." He mumbles, his eyes averts directly to mine. "We need to research what this is about because this is not normal at all--"

"Whoa whoa whoa, slow down tiger." I put my hand up to stop Seokjin from talking, carefully not to make any contact. "Didn't you tell me just--" I check my imaginary watch. "--two minutes ago that you didn't want me involved anymore?"

He crosses his arms. "And you are telling me that you were actually going to back out?

I look at him in disbelief. "Of course not. I'm too embroiled in this already. Now that you can actually feel my touch, it gives me more drive to kick you for being an asshole." I smirk, enjoying his face gesture swiftly changing into a scowl. 

"You're going to get electrocuted it you do."

"As long as it hurts you." I stop for a second, repeating to myself what I just said. "Wait, what do you feel when I touch you?" 

"I feel..." He pauses to register what he feels exactly. 

"Warmth."

I stare at him blankly, and for some reason I feel my throat clogging up with tears barely manage to hold back. I don't know why I am getting this emotional, I would like to think it's maybe because of my sleep deprivation. 

Seokjin notices my glossy eyes and sits beside me, not knowing what to do exactly. "I would hug you but--"

"I would die of an electric shock. Thanks but no thanks, I appreciate the thought." I wipe my tears myself. "Tell me, what else?"