1.3

Jesse

I grab my ringing phone as I excuse myself from the boys.

It's Hannah. "Hey, what's up?"

[[Hey, I need of your assistance. Can you drop by the convenience store in a bit?]] She says in almost whispers, which gets me a little concerned.

"I'll be right there, everything good?" I glance at Jungkook who stops talking with his friend Jaeyoung as he listens to my stern voice.

[[Yeah, just hurry.]] She quickly replies and the lines cuts off.

"I must go." I quickly mention to the boys before dashing off, but first I point at my best friend's friend. "I'll see you soon, be careful."

I started running as fast as I could. I didn't know how I managed to take such speed, but I was scared something bad happened to Hannah. Seokjin followed right behind me.

"Welcome to Il-- oh." She says as soon as I barge into the convenience store.

"W-Wha....What ha..." I try to regain some oxygen.

"My goodness, when was the last time you did exercise?"

I send Seokjin the most deadliest of glares, in which he immediately turns around and walks into an aisle.

"When was the last time you run?" Hannah asks.

"Are you serious?!" I huff, and I hear a snort from the spirit himself. I can't believe these two. "Anyway, are you okay?"

"Uh, don't I look okay?" She raises her eyebrows in confusion.

"You sounded like someone was robbing the place or something." I cross my arms, starting to feel annoyed.

"My boss was around, and I couldn't use my phone then." She explains as she puts away the broom in the janitor's closet. Instead of telling her off from scaring the shit out of me, I just sighed. "Okay, so what do you need?"

"I need you to do some delivery for me." She hands me a plastic bag with closed plastic cups and wood chopsticks. "Be careful, it's hot."

"Delivery? To who?"

And so, I ended up back at the hospital.

I walked into the same cold lobby I have seen the day before. I was a bit bored throughout my small trip since I lost track of Seokjin after getting out of the convenience store... Or did I forget about him there?

Whoops.

Well, anyway. Hannah warned me that they switched the fellow friend to an individual room since the previous night became hectic in the ER area, so as soon as I got there, I asked at the front desk for the new location. Fortunately, it was very close from where he was previously at when we visited yesterday.

As soon as I arrived to the new room, I knocked on the door. "Special delivery for... Jung Hoseok?"

"Come on in." A voice inside the room replies. When I open the door, the person I have been dreading to encounter the most, appeared in my cone of sight. However, there was no sign of his friend who was the one I came here for.

"Um, where's Hoseok?" I glance around the room.

"Good afternoon to you too." He doesn't even bother looking up.